Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Santa's Sleigh … Without the Sleigh ...

Happy Tuesday!

Ohhhhhh how I love making Christmas cards!  I just couldn't STOP this weekend!  I kept heeding to the Craft Cave with the intention of making fall cards and/or birthday cards … alas … the Christmas products just kept sucking me in!  Get ready for about 10 days of posts … well, if I can take the time to actually POST them!  If you can't wait hop over to my Facebook business page "Tamara's Paper Trail" - I'm posting at LEAST one a day there - much faster than blogging.  Hit "like" and/or "Get Notifications" so you are in the loop on your FB stream.

So!  I couldn't WAIT to get this card photographed so I could share it … had to wait for the sun to come out so the lighting was decent.  Ready?  (ska-wheeeeeel!)
I.  LOVE.  THIS.  CARD!!!!!!

My favourite look is big, bold, clean images with minimal "fluff".  Yes, I own virtually every embellishment ever made by SU but I just don't like to use every one on every card.  To "busy" … and expensive!  Quck, easy, cute and inexpensive is the name of the game in Tamara World!  So what did I use to make this little piece of fabulousness?

I started with a Whisper White base (as I do 98% of the time) - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
I added a mat f Crumb Cake 5 1/4" x 4"
I added ANOTHER mat (crazy, right?? *lol*) of Garden Green - 5" x 3 3/4" (haven't used Garden Green in AGES!)
The top layer is Whisper white and is 4 3/4" x 3 1/2".  I've been using this layer size for almost ALL of my cards the last few months.   I just love the smaller size - less "white space" that I always feel required to fill!

The Christmas Tree and Reindeer were made using the new "Santa's Sleigh" thinlits ($40 - 2016 Holiday Catalogue)
There is a coordinating stamp set to go with it (of course there is *lol) … $26

If you want both you can save 10% by buying the bundle, for $59.25 ...
I didn't get the bundle for this one.  I LOVE the sleigh image and the tree and deer but wasn't convinced  would use the stamped images much so I just bought the thinlits (plus I needed to budget a LITTLE so  didn't have to sell a kidney to may for my order! … went a little crazy this catty!)

Right.  Back to our card ..
(so stinkin' key-UTE! … just had to say that …)

I punched out the tree and reindeer from the (best deal going) designer series paper stack "Warmth and Cheer" - $12.50
Love this paper.  I also love how one side is "christmassy" but the other side can be used for non-Christmas.

I wasn't sure how the little bow would look without the stamped detail but it TOTALLY works as it is - the bow is in the Santa's Sleigh thinlits.  I attached it with a glue dot and added a rhinestone to the centre.

The deer is popped up on dimensionals, with some Red Thread stuck in behind him.  I punched a start out of Crushed Curry paper using the tiny star punch (hmmm - is that retired?  It was in a 3 pack some time ago - think it is ..)

The sentiments is stamped in Black Memento ink from the Embellishmed Ornaments set $26 (clear mount) …
Let see it one more time, shall we?
Yup - still love it :)

Have yourself a stampy Tuesday - pop in again soon!


Tam

4 comments:

  1. Awwww Thanks Jennifer. Thank you so much for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card made me buy this set, love it.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely compliment. Thank you so much! Hope you scooped them on sale - worth every penny but cheaper is always better! Glad if I inspired you. Have a stampy day! Tam

      Delete