Sunday, November 6, 2016

Gold Embossed Pines

Happy Sunday!

A sloooowwwwww start to the day today - thank you Day Light Savings Time!  This is always one of my favourite days of the year as it seems to go on fo-evah!!  Given that I don't SLEEP anymore (thank you cat, kids, snoring husband and or bladder!) I fully expected to be up at 5:00 am … however I really MUST have been tired because I actually slept until 7:00 am (which would have been 8:00 am "old time")  I stayed in bed and didn't come down until 9:00 … and am now enjoying my coffee and some quiet morning time.  LOVE Sundays!

Today I'm sharing a card that has been pretty darned popular on the Stampin' Up! demo-only website … my Gold Embossed Pine card.  Check it out ...
I've gott admit - I kinda love it!  … ya, ya, I know … I love the all.  You're not wrong!  I love the simplicity but WOW factor of the gold on black for this one.  Yes, it is one we will be making at my Nov 20th Stamp-a-Stack.  Quick, easy, elegant.  The trifecta for a good SAS card!

As I mentioned yesterday, I have a new obsession with the Christmas Pines Bundle.  I thought it would be too "fussy" for my liking … but it's not.  Love.


Not much to report on this one.  I simply stamped the pine image in Versamark (after using my Embossing buddy to de-static and de-fingerprint/oil the black card stock) and embossed it with gold embossing powder.  I punched out two pinecones from my gold foil and attached with glue dots.  The sentiment is also gold embossed and the sequins are attached with glue dots.

The black layer measures 4 3/4" x 3 1/2" and the layer behind it is actually So Saffron!  It really does look gold behind the black but is much less expensive than using gold foil.  Love!

I popped the whole thing up on dimensionals … but rather than just using 4 in the corners I used the outside edge from the dimensionals ...
That's it!  Quick and easy!

I'm off to walk my Doodle Dog.  Haven't posted a pic of him in a while … so here ya go! …I call it the "Some days it's all just too much" photo.  *lol*

Have yourself a stampy day!  Pop in again soon :)


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment