Saturday, November 12, 2016

Plaid Christmas Pines

Happy Saturday!

Had a FAB night with a grey group of seven ladies last night.  Seriously.  What is it about women getting together with women that just "resets" everything??  LOVE my ladies!

Today I wanted to share my new all-time favourite Christmas card.  Yes.  I know.  My favourite is ALWAYS my most recent.  I figure this one will be my favourite until some time tomorrow, when I create another one *lol*.  I'm so transparent hee hee.

Ready?  I'll start with Version I … which I loved ...Here it is …
I LOVED it … until I looked at it for an hour.  After an hour I decided I strongly LIKE it but it just needed a LITTLE something more .. nothing too crazy … just a LITTLE … but what???  … and then it came to me … it needed some Christmas Pine ...
BAM!  NOW I love it!!  … just keep staring at it.  Love it.  Love it.  Yup.  Love it.  That PLAID!  The plaid is what makes my soul happy!  (Wow.  pretty intense emotion there … I blame the upcoming Supermoon *lol*).

"Tamara!  Where do you come UP with these fantastic ideas??!!", I hear you cry.  Well … I spend a lot of time doing R&D (Research & Development).  A LOT of time.  (** R&D actually translates into Facebook and Pintrest … don't judge me … it works lmao!)

This card started OFF when I saw this lovely card made by Cat Christella …
Sooooo pretty!  I went down to the Craft Cave to see if I could make something similar for my Stamp-a-Stack next Sunday morning (still room for more stampers Edmonton peeps!).  After playing around this is what I ended up with …
TOTALLY different!  The only thing that is the same is the plaid DSP.  I love how one design can inspire others to either copy 100% or to use as a jumping off point.  I seriously started off with 100%.  I punched out a circle of the plaid DSP and a green tree, just like Cat's …. and then it changed and changed and changed.  LOVE that process (mind you my desk looked like a tornado had blown through it within the hour but so be it!).  Thank you Cat for the inspiration - I hope mine inspires others too!

Now for the deets on my version.

Standard card base 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" Whisper White
Whisper White top layer of 3 1/2" x 4 3/4"
Basic Grey layer of 3 3/4" x5"
Basic Grey, Plaid and Whisper White Stitched Ovals made using the NEW Stitched Shapes framelits (A must own and only $40 for all these …)
The DSP is the Warmth & Cheer DSP Stack …
I stamped the ornaments in Cherry Cobbler and Basic Grey from the Be Jolly, By Golly set …
(the string is from this set as well))

The pine is stamped in Smoky Slate from the Christmas Pines Set (25% off until the end of November 2016)
Finally, the banner is from Stitched with Love …

The ovals are attached to each other using good old snails adhesive but then the trio are popped up n dimensionals.  The banner is also popped up but just on the left hand side, so it is the same height as the trio.

I added clear Wink of Stella to the ornaments and the entire banner.  I was surprised the black didn't bleed, as I had stamped the sentiment in Memento ink … but I was happy.  The little pop of dazzle, along with the single rhinestone rely makes the card.

Love.  Love.  LOVE!

I THOUGHT I was done designing for my SAS … alas, I have deeply fallen OUT of love with one of the cards I designed (which I haven't shared yet).  Pop in again soon to see my "fallen from grace" card along with its replacement.  Until then, have a super stampy Saturday.  Thanks for doing by :) xo


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment