Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Winter Birthday with Weather Together

Happy Wednesday!

I needed to step away from social media this morning - I'm all "trump"ed out … and am starting to feel stressed and cranky from all the negative vibes …. so thought I'd go to my "happy place" and blog about pretty cards :)

Last week I was writing out all my November birthday cards and realized I was out of "winter" birthday cards.  Off I went to my Craft Cave.  This is what I came up with ...
LOVE!  I CASEd the layout and colour scheme from Mary Brown at www.stampercamper.com and this card (which we made last month) …
The colour scheme just screams "WINTER" … and I love that.

I ran the base through the "Festive" embossing folder (main catalogue).  I often forget to check the main catty for winter/Christmas products but there are quite a few folders and sets that work for the season so don't forget to check them out!

My base is the standard 5 1/2" x 8 1/2".  The coloured layers are Sweet Sugarplum and Pool Party, both cut at 4 1/2" x 2 3/4".  The top white layer is 4" x 2 1/4".

I stamped the sentiment in Rich Razzleberry and Sweet Sugarplum using the Endless Birthday Wishes set … This is a GRET little set that makes a quick, cute card with SO many sentiment possibilities.  I highly recommend it …
I like it so much I actually bought it in French as well! ...

For the presents I used the set Weather Together, of all sets!
 The set DOES have coordinating thinlits, but I didn't use them on this card.  If/when you buy the two together you save 10% on the price!
I punched the presents out with my 1 1/4" circle punch and then coloured circles using my 1 3/8" punch.  I coloured the ribbon with my Stampin' Write Markers and then with my clear Wink of Stella glitter pen.  I popped the coloured circles up on dimensionals and added a rhinestone to the centre presents.  Wa-low!  A cute winter birthday card.  This is one of the cards we are making in class this week and yup, I cut 10 extra templates so I can add them to my stash!

That's it for today.  More to share to pop in again soon … and have a stay day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment