Thursday, February 23, 2017

Color Therapy

Happy Thursday!

A half day of school for the kids today = a fairly unproductive day for Mom!  Just enough time for a blog post, a shower a walk and a few quick chores before My People are back so I'll get right to it!

Last weekend I was determined to crack open my pack of Inside the Lines Designer paper (FREE with a $60 order during the Sale-a-brations promotion).  Mission accomplished!
I love colouring … but wasn't sure how to make a card using it that wouldn't take me 6 hours to make.  Combing through my brain for different ideas I remembered one of the very first techniques I ever learned - Spotlighting.  Perfect!


  • I cut my standard base and then the Designer Series Paper (DSP) at 4 3/4" x 3 1/2".
  • Next I grabbed my 1 1/4" circle punch and punched the DSP in 3 spots.
  • The 1 3/8" circle punch makes the mats for the circles to help "Spotlight" the smaller circles.  I used Rose Red, Pear Pizzazz and Perfect Plum.
  • I made a banner with a 1" strip of scrap and used the Triple Banner punch to flag the end.
  • The sentiment is from Sunburst Sayings, stamped in Rose Red.
  • I attached the DSP circles to the mats and popped each one up on dimensionals and coloured them
  • I added (retired) Candy Dots to the flag to tie it all together
Its a fun technique, if you like colouring.  If you don't … well … then it sucks and you'd hate it *lol*.  I find it very relaxing.  Not a card I would necessarily do in a class but a great one to mass produce if you are sitting watching TV.  I like it.  Good thing - I have 3 packs of DSP to use *lol*

I'm off!  Have yourself a stampy Thursday!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment