Saturday, May 20, 2017

Cool Treat Treats

Happy Saturday!

Just a quick-ish one this morning as the sun is shining, there isn't a cloud in the sky and I'm itching to get out for my walk!  (DESPITE the allergies from hell that have my sinuses aching, my nose tickling and my eyes watering!)

Thursday I headed down to the Craft Cave to have some fun and make some treats for my club gals.  I NEEDED to make them to get the 8 bags of DELICIOUS little gummies out of my house as four bags had already fallen prey to my gummy addiction!  Check out these Cool Treat Treats!



Are they awesome or are they AWESOME???

I love how they turned out.  I have been trying to figure our what to DO with these treats for about a month now.  I knew I wanted to use the Cool Treats products (stamp set and matching framelits from the 2017 Occasions Catalogue and carried over to the new 2017 Annual Catalogue - $61 for the bundle but that price is only until May 31st!) ...
... but I didn't know how I was going to PACKAGE them!  I first thought of putting them in little jars I have on hand.  Cute but I'd need to buy a LOT more candy to fill them (the candy is $1 per bag of 18-20 gummies at the Dollarama but each jar need 8-10 gummies to fill).

I then thought maybe our 2" x 8" cello bags ... but I couldn't find my stash ...

I then made a little diaper fold envelope but I just made those back in February and wanted something different ... and I didn't have much of the Tasty Treats coordinating designer Paper.  Certainly not enough to make 25 little pouches .... so I played around  bit and spotted a 2" strip of the DSP on my table.  Bam!  A quick little banner made using my Triple Banner Punch ... and it all came together quickly after that!

I popped 3 gummies into little zip lock bags I always have around (again from Dollarama).  They just HAPPEN to be 2" wide!  The banners are 2" x 4" ... and made into banner.

I stamped the sentiment fromCool Treats directly onto the banner with Chocolate Chip ink.

I cut a piece of Peekboo Peach ribbon about 4" long and stapled it to the banner.

I cut out two popsicle shapes with the framelits - one out of Watermelon Wonder and one from Peekaboo Peach ... and stamped the swirls/indentations in the coordinating inks.  I used my Chocoltae Chip marker to color the sticks then attached them to the banner with snail adhesive.

Stapled the whole piece to the gummies and DONE!
Yup - LOVE how they turned out and LOVE that they are now out of danger of being eaten by ME! *lol*

That's it for today.  I'm off to take that walk now.  Whatever you are up to this long weekend have a stampy time!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment