Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Big On Christmas ... and some FAB boots!

Happy Tuesday!

Wow did I have a fun day yesterday!  Back-to-school clothes shopping with my Baby Girl, Alicia.  Seriously.  I clothes shop vicariously through my girls.  They are at the size and shape that EVERYTHING looks good on them.  They could put on a black garbage bag, tie it around the waist with a rope and look super cute!  It's so fun to play "fashion show" with them!!  Alicia is turning into quite the little fashionista ... which translates into "more expensive" but they have a spending limit and they stick to it.  Alicia gets fewer clothes, because of the higher price tag but she seems ok with that.

After we finished shopping for HER it was MY turn!  We were at Winners ... and I spied them.  The Boots.
Now I had seen these boots last week, when I was shopping with my eldest, Rebecca.  At the time they caught my eye (how could they NOT!  Burn-the-retina-off red!) ... and I laughed at how tacky they were.  I also scoffed at some green velvet boots, some white 60's plastic-looking boots and a few other "holy COW" crazy items".

NOt gunna lie ... kept thinking about these gawdy red ones.  Whilst looking for shoes for Alicia there they were again ... calling my name.  I tried them on just for fun (and to embarrass Alicia) ... and then it happened.  I fell in love.  Tacky?  Fabulous?  Don't know but either way I HAD to have them ...
They looked SO much better on my feet than they did on the shelf.  Yup.  Then I remembered the mantra I keep seeing on Facebook ... "Life's Short.  Buy the Shoes" ... or in this case, the boots.

And I did.

And I smiled.

And they make me rediculously happy.

Best part?  $40.  $40!!!!  Seriously?  Bit of a no-brainer.

I now own the boots ... and I went to bed smiling (*maybe* I was wearing the boots ...)

Still smiling this morning as it's time to share a few more projects with you.

I'm doing a fundraiser (I'll share more about that another day very soon).  FOR this fundraiser I needed to design a number of Christmas cards.  The most cost and time-efficient cards to make for a fundraiser are Notecards.

I dug out a few of my favorite retired Christmas sets and had a play.  These are what I came up with using the retired "Big on Christmas" set ...


  

So fun!  Notecards are slightly smaller than a standard card .. measuring 5" x 3 1/2".  In all cases I ran the base through the Big Shot with various retired embossing folders and stamped the images on a layer measuring 4" x 2 1/2".   I used my Real Red and Emerald Envy markers to color the works and my Clear Wink of Stella pen to add some glimmer.  Each one also sports a rhinestone for a little added jazz and the layer is popped up on dimensionals.

Oh!  Hey! Would'ja look at that ... just realized the cards match my new boots!  Hee hee - it was meant to BE, I tell ya!!

Right ... enough rambling for today - I need to stroll the pooch and get some work done.  Been awake since 4:23 am, UP since 5:30 am and I'm DETERMINED to be productive today .. at least until I crash and burn around 3:30 this afternoon!

Whatever you get up to today I hope you have a stampy day ... and that you find some FAB boots to treat yourself to!!!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment