Friday, August 25, 2017

Bike Ride Fun!

Happy Friday!!

I couldn't WAIT to post today!  If you follow my business Facebook Page, "Tamara's Paper Trail", you will see that I have been making (and posting) LOADS of fabulous cards over the last few days.  I normally post them on my blog in the order I created them ... but this one just couldn't wait.  I love it SO much!  Check.  It.  Out!

*Swoon*

I really don't know what it is about this card but I could just sit and stare at it forEVER!  The set I used is called "Bike Ride", available in the 2017-2018 Annual Catalogue.  Yes, it's part of a bundle and you save 10% when you buy it as such.  Yes, it's an investment bundle, at a cost of $54.75 (plus /h/gst) ... and yes, not being made of money I did hem and haw over whether or not to get it.  I'm not normally one for "fussy" cards .. and given how many stamps and framelits come in the set I was leaning towards "nah" ...
I'm SO glad I rarely listen to my "logical" brain when it talks to me.  I'm SO glad I got it!
I think there are two main reasons why I love this card so much.  #1 is just the POP of the black.  My Archival Black was super juicy and is just such a striking look when stamped on the white.  Add in the delicious Bermuda Bay (or Real Red) contrast and BAM!  The black border/mat ties it all together.  #2 is the PROCESS on this one.  I've had a stressful week and my mind just hasn't been able to shut off.  SO many thoughts all day ... and night.  This card too me about an hour to complete.  Craig was in the other room, listening to some of my favorite music - KD Lang and Eva Cassidy.  Their songs and voices truly move me.  My mind (for once) was quiet.  I just putzed along with my card - stamping, cutting, playing ... I was relaxed and THOROUGHLY enjoyed the PROCESS of creating.  When I was done I liked what I had created ... and it was all mine.  The last few days I have been CASEing (copying) beautiful cards created by other talented artisans.  This time it was all about me.  Oh sure, I had turned to Pinterest for some inspiration ... but then I just started creating.  No time pressure, no expectations .... just creating.  It was JUST what I needed.  Yes - I love this card for so many reasons!

Now - for some details ...

The card is a standard card at 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
The white top layer is 3 1/4" x 4 1/2"  and the black mat is 3 1/2" x 4 1/2"
The sentiment is from You've Got This - the bike is from Bike Ride

I stamped the bike frame and tires in Black Archival Ink and/or Bermuda Bay ink.  I used my markers to color the seat, handle bars and pedals (even though there ARE stamps in the set that will color them too ... I just found markers more exact and faster).

I cut the frame and wheels out with the framelits.

I ran the white layer through the Big Shot with the rock thinlit die - it just debossed wee rock images, for the ground.  I then used my finger dauber to hilight the rocks.  I had a bit of a blend of colors for the rocks.  I started with some Smoky Slate but (if memory serves) I may have used a bit of Sahara Sand as well.

The bike basket and handle bar tassles were cut from Silver Foil card stock using the framelits and adhered with my fine tip glue.

The bike frame is popped up with dimensionals (love the new mini dimensionals!!) and the whole mat/layers are popped up as well.  Two rhinestones in the middle of the wheels finish it off.

Yes, this was what I call an "OTT Card" - Over The Top.  LOTS of Big Shotting.  Know, though, that you don't HAVE to make it so complicated!  These images can be stamped withOUT punching them out ... you just need to use a bigger top layer so the wheel fit on the paper ... or don't USE a layer - just stamp right on the card front.  I WILL make a card without cutting pieces out, just to get more use out of it.  I don't always have time to make something so elaborate .. but when I DO have the time, THIS is the set I'm going to reach for!

That's it for now - off for my morning walk!  have a fantastic, stampy day :)


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment