Saturday, September 2, 2017

Night in Bethlehem Beauty

Happy Saturday!

I hadn't planned to post this card just yet - I was going to post some "fall" cards ... but it is quite a popular one on the demonstrator Stampin' Up! website so I thought I would post it now.

Check out this little beauty! 

Isn't it pretty??

I can't take full credit for it.  I CASEd (Copy And Share Everything - CASE) from the Holiday Catalogue (have you checked the catty out yet??  Click on the picture over on the right hand side!).

I just love the clean, simple layout, the interest/texture of the city and the color.  Had to copy it!  Actually, I think this is my favorite Christmas set in the whole catalogue!  Whilst I LOVE cute, whimsical Christmas cards I find the religious/meaningful ones are usually my favorite.  This set is a definite "keeper" ... and comes in a bundle, at 10% off ($63 for the clear bundle; $72 for wood.  Worth every penny!)

This card was ridiculously quick and easy to make, when you use the Glossy White card stock.

I used a 5" x 3 3/4" piece and simply used a sponge to shade the Island Indigo ink all over it.  The glossy cardstock is VERY forgiving and because it is glossy the color doesn't soak in very quickly at all.  Added too much ink for you liking?  No problem - it wipes away VERY easily.  In fact, you have to really "pounce" the color on to get it dark.  Yes, you get inky fingers on this one but it's very rewarding!!

The city and star are just cut out with the framelits.  The sentiment I used is from Star of Light and is stamped in Staz-on Ink.  Yes it has to be Staz-on.  Regular Archival black won't "set" and will smudge.  Even with the Staz-on you have to wait for it to dry completely before you can touch it.  You also have to be very careful when you stamp it.  With the glossy paper the stamp can slide and all your work is ruined.  I recommend using your stamp-a-ma-jig so you can firmly stamp it without sliding.

I used my Wink of Stella to bling up the star and the trees .. and I popped the front layer of the city on dimensionals.

This really is SUCH a pretty set.  I highly recommend it ... AND getting it early.  I think it will be one of the more popular bundles and whilst the stamp set can be manufactured fairly quickly if it goes on back-order, the framelits can NOT ... and that's what you REALLY want for this set.  The punched out landscape just make it "wow"!

That's it for today.  I'm taking Becca bowling with a new friend she made at Circus Camp last month (yup - camp to learn how to juggle, walk on stilts, unicycle and so on!!) so I best go stroll the Doodle Dog.  Whatever you get up to today I hope it's a stampy one!


Tam

3 comments:

  1. Lovely - also really, actually, CAS. Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your beauty on Pinterest. I thank you for your instructions. I'm going to make up eight of these. Using the same set I'll make more in different designs. I can't believe I've had the set for so long and have not used it yet.

    ReplyDelete