Sunday, January 7, 2018

Charming Café Bundle by Stampin' Up!

Happy Sunday!

Yay for FINALLY getting into the Craft Cave yesterday!  Given the number of hours I was in there I would have thought I'd create a lot more but I took it slow and steady and enjoyed the process - something I have't done in a very long time!  It really is SO therapeutic!  I'm usually so rushed when coming up with projects.  Being stressed and under a time constraint does NOT help get the creative juices flowing.  Yesterday was lovely.  I used sets I WANTED to use, not ones I felt I NEEDED to use, if that makes sense.

First up was the Charming Cafe set and framelits.  Now this one I REALLY sat on the fence on.  It's $56.50 CDN for the bundle, which is not a small bit of change post-Christmas and I DID wonder if it was a bit of a one trick pony ... so I thought I'd see.  I challenged myself to make three projects with it.  Yup - mission accomplished.  I'm now crushing on this set and realize it can (and WILL) be used often for quick and easy cards, as WELL as intricate, time consuming works of art.

Check out the first one I made, primarily CASEd from the 2018 Occasions Catalogue.  It's a tri-fold card.


The base is cut from a piece of 10 1/2" x 5 1/2" Crumb Cake paper, scored at 3 1/2" and 7".  The Designer Paper on the front comes from the new Tutti Frutti Designer Series Paper Stack (2018 Occasions catty).  Before I made the card I watched two videos - I watched the Stampin' Up! video first and then one by fellow UK demonstrator, Gaynor Boyce.  I've posted the videos below.  Watch the for tips and tricks to save you time and confusion.  The first time you use the framelits (particularly for the tri-fold card) will be the hardest/most time consuming.  It took me about 45 minutes to make mine ... but I was watching the videos at the same time.  The next time I use it, it will be much faster.  Learning curve, and all that!

After spending so much time on one card I wanted something QUICK!  I just love the little table and chairs and they fit PERFECTLY on the new Narrow Notecards and Envelopes (page 19 of the 2018 Occasions Catty - $10.75 CDN for 20).

BAM!  5 notecards, all in different colors, that I'll use for a little hostess or teacher gift. I LOVE these and they only took about 10 minutes to whip up!
Finally, I wanted a third project that was somewhere in between the time consuming one and the quick one.  I had a bunch of extra pieces on my desk ... and a Z-Fold card base I had been playing with on another project and all that turned into this ...

Cute!  Do you have a stamp set on your shelf that you haven't used yet?  I challenge you to take it out and make THREE projects with it.  It's fun to push yourself and the results are usually pretty stinkin' cute!

Off I go to start my day.  Have a stampy Sunday!


Tam




1 comment:

  1. Tamara, thanks for sharing the Charming Cafe card...super great informative post...I think there is a typo in the measurement of 10 1/5... maybe 10 1/2 should be the number? Just wanted you to know:) Again, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete