Monday, July 2, 2018

Abstract Impressions Note Card Packets

Happy Sunday!

It's finally happened!  I am FINALLY starting to relax!!  The last two weeks (since earning the trip to Greece) have been an effort, for sure!  Yes, I had achieved my goal, but there was still a LOT of work to be done to tie up all the loose ends!  I needed to pack and deliver all the orders from my launch/BOGO event, I needed to place my club orders (and pack and deliver), I needed to make the little gifts for my customers' orders, I needed to cut all my designer paper and ribbon for my product shares, I needed to get all my July birthday cards written and addressed so I can mail them before I head on holidays mid July ... all on top of wrapping up the school year with/for the kids.  That involved a lot of driving them to/from their exams and a lot of trying to keep everyone calm, well-slept and well-nourished during that very stressful time.  It was a rough two weeks BUT we've come out the other side!  Im thrilled to say the last 3 days I have slept through the night AND made until 6:30 or 7:00 am!!  No 4:00 am wakeups - whoot!  I'm picking up speed on the last few things I need to do before holidays and the kids commented yesterday "you're a lot more giggly than usual"- a SURE sign that the stress is melting away!

Today will be a great day as it's colder than usual and calling for rain - my PERFECT holiday kind of weather (sorry sun-lovers!  My HAPPIEST "rest" day involved crafting, movies and roast beef dinner!) . I'm having my parents over for dinner to celebrate and early birthday for my Mom.  Her birthday is Tuesday but I will be pretty busy that day as I'm preparing to ship my youngest off to Phoenix with her bestie's family for 9 days.  While she's lapping up 40 degree weather south of the boarder Rebecca and I are heading to Calgary for a mini getaway to check out the pandas and the zoo, Heritage Park and a little shopping at the outlet mall.  It's going to be a GREAT summer FULL of family and forced relaxation.  Bring it on!

Right!  Enough rambling about all-things-not-stamping-related!  I can't believe I haven't shared THIS project yet - it is quickly becoming my all-time-most-favourite-gift/project EVER!  Check it out ...



Do you get it?  They are three of our narrow notecards and envelopes packaged in one of our Translucent Envelopes!  
I can't take credit for the idea - it came directly from Head Office ... and Donna Griffith, my mentor for my presentation at On Stage in Red Deer this past April.  Donna gave me a little pack of our REGULAR note cards.  I fell in LOVE with the idea and knew I HAD to make some for myself.  I have now made about 25 packs and have not plan on stopping anytime soon.  They are SO quick, easy and economical to make its ridiculous!

For the package you simply cut up whatever designer paper you have been hoarding into 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" pieces.  I used my mega pack of In Colour DSP from last years catalogue that I had MAYBE used one sheet of.  Not now!  I'm quickly running low and have my sights on cutting the THOUSANDS of retired papers I have in my stash.  What a GREAT way to use up our paper!  I think I will start mailing ALL of my cards this way!  I can put a card AND whisper white envelope in the translucent envelope so the recipient can re-use the card and have an envelope to go with it!  (for those who don't know, I generally write my message on a post-it note to the card can be re-used ... but the recipient doesn't have a cute, coordinating envelope to put it in, as I used the envelope to mail the card!  Putting them in a translucent envelope will fix that problem!)

The notecards are the narrow notecards, but the regular size fit too, if you prefer the larger size.

The pink cards are stamped using Berry Burst and Lemon Lime Twist inks. The blue cards are using Bermuda Bay and Lemon Lime twist.

I used some satin white ribbon (retired) to wrap around the package.  I wrap it around 3 times to get the proper length.  Of course any ribbon you have on hand will do!

The tags are used with a 3 1/2" x 2" piece of card stock - I used Granny Apply Green and Pool Party for mine.  I punched out 2" circles with my punch and stamped the sentiment (from Abstract Impressions).  I decorated with some of our mini sequin trim.

Seriously.  SO quick and easy!  My friends and customers went crazy for these little packages!  Many purchased them from me for a nice little teacher gift and I have many on order for people to have on hand for hostess gifts and birthday presents.  It's so nice to have just a little something to give to someone to make their day!  The options for these little packs are truly endless! 

I hope that inspires you to make something fun today!  I would love if you shared your project in the comments!

OK!  Time to walk Koda and get this stampy day started!  Thanks for popping by!


Tam

2 comments:

  1. Tamara - These are all adorable! Can barely wait to case! Love this fun stamp set!

    ReplyDelete