Saturday, October 6, 2018

Ferrero Rocher Treat Holder


Happy Saturday!

It's a long weekend up her in Canada for our Thanksgiving ... and that means family, fun and FOOD!

Yes, I'm less than 24 hours into the fun and I'm already in my stretchy leggings and up 2 pounds *lol*

Yesterday was Alicia's 13th birthday and, as tradition holds, we spent the day together.  That's right - my girls get to skip school on their birth day so they can spend it with their Momma.  The days of their births were two of the best days of my life and I want to celebrate that date with them.  Just them and me.  Bonding.  Remembering.  Enjoying. 

This year was a *little* different in that Alicia went to school for the first part of the day.  She wanted to se her friends (knowing they'd be decorating her locker and so on) and she wanted to make lemon cupcakes in food class *lol*. That's my girls - never pass on free food! hee hee.  So I took her to school (after grabbing her the traditional Tim Horton's donut!), picked her up just after 11:00 and headed to our favorite Vietnamese restaurant for lunch.  Next up was a trip to T&T Chinese Supermarket to pick out a new phone case (yes, odd, I know, but thy have a HUGE selection of phone, ipad and computer cases - WAY better selection than the mall kiosks!) and then we headed to Kingsway Garden Mall, where we always go for a wee bit of shopping (and *maybe* a Purdy's chocolate of two!).  Headed home where, a few hours later, the rest of the Alford clan descended upon us (my brother is in town too!) for presents, dinner out and dessert.  Ugh.  I had more sugar yesterday than I've had in over 2 months.  Seriously!  ... but it was worth it, as treats should be.  Not gunna pass up on traditions for the sake of a few thousand calories every now and then, right?

Now speaking of traditions (and calories!) another tradition I have is bringing some sort of decoration to Mom's for the Thanksgiving table.  Years back it was napkin olders, few years ago it was wheat decorations and so on.  THIS year I made these freaking ADORABLE Ferrero Rocher holders.  I was going to write everyone's name on the front but opted to stamp a sentiment instead.  They are CRAZY simple to make and everyone who has seen them loves them.  Here's a pic of the Thanksgiving ones I made (using a retired set) but you can absolutely use current product as well . If you need to make them taller, just use a longer piece of card stock ...
 
SO key-UTE!

Right - I know y'all want the dimensions .. so ...
2" x 9.5" strip
Score at 3/4", 2 3/4", 3.5" and 5.5"
Punch the top with the Scalloped Topped punch.
Punch the hole with the 1 3/8" circle punch

For mine, I used the retired set "Truly Grateful" but you can certainly use Wishing You Well or any other fall-type set.  Even the Country Home Milk Jug set works well, it just needs to be a bit bigger ... so instead of using a 9.5" strip make it longer!  Try 10.5" ...

Watch the video to see it come together ...
**  I said in the video to use our thick card stock.  I lied!  Don't use that - it is such thick weight (and high quality!) that it cracks when you fold it ... and the punched hole doesn't punch as cleanly ... so just use regular old card stock and you'll be fine!

It seriously took me about 10 minutes to make 8 of these .. and then I just HAD to move on to some Christmas ones! ...
Ska-wheeeeeelll! 

For the Christmas ones I used the FREE hostess set "Hung With Care" and used some snowflakes make with the Blizzard thinlets from the Beautiful Blizzard Bundle ($62 CAD)
Naturally I used some of our Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets on the back of the card stock before running them through the Big Shot so the snowflakes were stickers and I didn't have to mess around with liquid glue!

So that is my share for today.  I'll "leaf" you with some pics from our Bertram family photo shoot last weekend (see what I did there - hee hee).


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  Have a stampy day!


Tam

3 comments:

  1. Hello love these treat holders! Where can I purchase the stamps to make these?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Great idea! Can you name the 3 colors of ink you used? I think I heard mossy green? Can't wait to make some. TFS

    ReplyDelete