Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Stylish Christmas 1, 2, 3

Happy Wednesday!

Today I want to share a pretty little card that started off very simple and then I stepped it up a little ... and then I stepped it up a lot.

First up my simple, notecard version ...
I used the "Stylish Christmas" from the 2018 Annual Catalogue, stamped the swirl in Cherry cobbler, the leaves in Old Olive and the sentiment in our retired Basic Black Archival ink.  I used my sponge brayer to ink the poinsettia, cut it out "old school" with our paper snips, added three pearls t the centre and popped it up on dimensionals.  Quick, easy, cute.

I liked the layout so much I wanted to use it for my upcoming class, so I turned it into a full sized card ...
I used a whisper white layer of 4 3/4" x 3 1/2", mounted it on a Cherry Cobbler layer of 4 3/4" plus two ticks by 3 1/2" plus two ticks.  To add a little pizzazz I added a swirl to the card base before popping the layer up on dimensionals.  Love that little touch!

I liked my "stepped up" version a lot but was on a roll and thought I'd step it up one more level ...
BAM!  This one I LOVE with the deep pop of colour with the Cherry Cobbler poinsettia! For THIS version I brought in the Peaceful Poinsettia Framelits.  I cut the large, background poinsettia in Cherry Cobbler and then cut the fine detailed piece using the framelits on the Merry Merlot glimmer paper from the Glimmer Pack in the 2018 Holiday Catalogue.  I added 7 pearls (using our new Take Your Pick tool!) and popped the poinsettia up on dimensionals.

I just LOVE this card! 

So you see?  Stepping up a simple card is as easy as 1, 2, 3!

I'm off to start my day - have a stampy one!


Tam

1 comment:

  1. Replica Cartier watches, combining elegant style and cutting-edge technology, a variety of styles of Replica Cartier ballon blanc de watches, the pointer walks between your exclusive taste style.

    ReplyDelete