Sunday, February 10, 2019

Quick & Easy Cards for the win!

Happy Sunday!

How can it be that it's 8:15 on a Sunday morning and I'm already behind??  I've been up for almost two hours and nowhere near getting done what I got up to do!

Oh well ... it's Sunday ... a day of rest, right?  *lol*.  Ya ... tell that to ANY mom with a home based business and you'll likely get a 3 minute laughing fit out of her! 

Today WILL be a day of rest ... once I get this post done.  Luckily the family sleeps in so, while they sleep, I do a *little* work and then, when they are up it's family time ... so I best crack on, eh?

I thought I'd post a few projects I came up with in the last week or so.  Quick and easy is the name of the game for these ones!  We ALL need a few of these types of cards on our Pinterest boards for those times we need a card in a hurry!

This one was made for my Coffee & Cards class at Second Cup last week.  Our notecards and envelopes are my absolute MUST for quick and easy.  I try not to let me stash drop below two full packs of both the standard ones and the narrow ones!
I used the Piece of Cake stamp set and coordinating punch (page 18 of the Occasions Catalogue) for a super quick card.  I stamped the sentiment first.  After punching out the cake pieces (stamped in Memento ink) I popped them up on mini dimensionals and colored them using my markers.  Some white bakers twine and a rhinestone finish it off.

The next one is quick in theory ... probably took me close to 2 hours to come UP with it but will only take a few minutes to MAKE it *lol.
I used the fanTASTIC "Let it Ride" stamp set.  I stamped the horse in Soft Suede ink coloured it with my Soft Suede and Mossy Meadow Blends.  I ran a 1 1/2" Merry Merlot piece through the Woodgrain embossing folder.  I cut out the horse and the Mossy Meadow mats with the Stitched Rectangle framelits (* a MUST have item in EVERY craft room!!).  I stamped the sentiment in Merry Merlot and punched it out with my Stitched Shapes oval die and popped it up on dimensionals and added a pearl to finish it off.  Quick and easy!

The last one I CASEd from Jackie Bulhuis over at klompenstamper.com .  I used the Flowering Desert set ...
I don't know why I had to have this set but I did!  I fought it for two months.  "How many cactus cards would you ever make or send?" I asked myself.  Guess I'll find out!  *lol*.  There is just something about that cactus that makes me happy ... and that's good enough for me!

So there you have it.  Three quick and easy cards for you on a bitterly cold Sunday morning.  I plan to stay in my "comfort wear" all day, do a bit of crafting, a bit of cooking, a little napping and some family gaming.  Not a TOTAL day of rest but for sure a day of relaxation.  Whatever YOU get up to today, I hope you are cosy, surrounded by loved ones and that you have a stampy day!

xo


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment