Sunday, February 3, 2019

Sweetest Things Projects

Happy Sunday!

I am have a LOVELY weekend so far ... and I still have a day to go!  It is colder than cold up here in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada this weekend and I LOVE it!  (only because I have no particular place to go! lol).  Those who know me KNOW I love rainy Sundays and cold, snowy weekends.  The perfect excuse to stay in side and do whatever you love ... cooking, baking, cleaning, puzzles, family games and/or STAMPING!  I can't believe this is even true but I decided to TAKE THE WEEKEND OFF!!  Crazy, right?  Oh sure, I have done a LITTLE "business" (ie paperwork and mails) but ones I WANTED to send, not ones I felt I HAD to send, if that makes sense.  Yesterday was a GREAT day of lounging in my pjs, doing some meal prep, napping, playing with the family and generally doing nothing!  Today I'm doing it again and loving it :)

Friday night was my private Ladies Night event.  It was so much fun!  A group of us get together for stamping, eating, drinking and games.  In the past we have played Bingo, Pictionary, Minute to Win it games, Murder Mystery Night and, this time, an Escape Room (in my house).  As always there were lots of laughs.  SUCH a great night .  Here are some pics ...
 The blue one was CASEd from my friend Stefanie over at www.thecraftymedic.com Check her out!

We use the awesome Gingham Gala DSP and the Butterfly Gala bundle to create our cards.  Attendees got those items to in their swag bags to take home!

We stamped ...



 ... then we played ...



I had picked up an "Escape Room" game at Costco over the holidays.  I didn't know what to expect but it was actually pretty cool!  You had to solve 7 puzzles in a certain amount of time before the "bomb" goes off and you all die.  Koda didn't appreciate having it put around his neck so we had to take it off (my thinking was people would try harder if they knew Koda was in danger *lol*).  Only one team solved all the puzzles in time , but we all had fun trying!

 Moving on to some projects I made LAST month for class using products from page 15 of the 2019 Occasions Catalogue, from the Sweetest Things Bundle of products ...


Aren't they fun??  I have to admit, ALL of these products were on my "maybe ... don't flow my hair back" list.  I had a LOT of items I was going to buy before I MAYBE bought these ones.  Then I gave my head a shake and ordered the lot of them.  My thinking ... if *I* wasn't convinced I would use these products then my customers likely weren't either!  .... so I challenged myself to buy them, use them and show them off so others could see their potential.  Mission accomplished!  I DO love them and WILL use them for my upcoming Birthday Stamp-a-Stack event (Sunday, Feb 17th if you're in the Edmonton area and want to attend!).  Now because the paper is busier than I tend to like I needed some inspiration on HOW to use these products.  Catalogue to the rescue!  I actually just copied the projects I saw on page 14 of the catalogue!  No need to reinvent the wheel!  Start off copying something you see and tweak as needed!  I did alter my projects slightly from the catalogue projects and love how they turned out!

Today I'm going to attempt to clean up the mess from Friday night (ya, totally avoided that yesterday) and I'm going to make a new soup - Butternut Squash/Potato.  Let it snow!  (... as long as it is all melted off the roads for tomorrow at 6:50 am when I have to drive to the other end of the city for Alicia's ortho appointment! lol.  Ya, I'm fickle like that! lol)

Whatever YOU get up to this weekend, stay warm and I hope you have a SUPER stampy day! (oh!  It's Superbowl Sunday ... how appropriate!  hee hee - have a great one!)


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment