Sunday, March 3, 2019

One Layout 3 Ways ... and LOADS of Swaps!

Happy Sunday!

Another week has FLOWN by ... meaning we are HOPEFULLY one week closer to some spring-like weather.  Holy SMOKES has it ever been cold up her in Edmonton!  Yet another few days of -25 with winds that just feel like your face is being ripped right off your body!  Walking the dog has NOT been as relaxing as usual ... and we certainly don't pass many other dog walkers when it's this cold!  Having said that I DO prefer -30 to +30 ... but I'm quite ready for at least a few days of -5 for a change!

The AWESOME side of nasty weather is I can hibernate in my craft cave guilt-free ... and that is exactly what I have done this week.  Sadly for YOU I have't actually been creating ... I've been sorting, purging and finishing.  Yes, two weeks ago I had cards made (leftovers from my classes and Stamp-a-Stack) but I had run out of envelopes ... so I spent a few hours finishing off those projects.  I purged/organized a few shelves, I completed a few old kits ... I generally "putzed" and it felt great.  I ALSO took a few days OFF!  Whaaaaatttt???  True story!  I say again, I'm trying hard to get a better life/work balance and I HAVE taken a few days off.  I even took some sleeping aids the last few nights to get some sleep and I am feeling MUCH more alert and rested.  Long may it continue!

I would LOVE to continue "putzing" in my cave today alas, I have a lot of Demonstrator Council work to finish today.  I have a deadline of tomorrow morning so I'll be spending a fair few hours at my computer working on that.  I can't wait to share what I/we've been working on.  SO exciting!!  

So today I'll share projects that you will have seen on my Facebook page, if you follow me there.  Last month I posted over 30 swaps I received from my friends and sidelines using products from the 2019 Occasions and SAB catalogues.  Before I get to the swaps, though, I want to share another set of cards I shared on FB last month.  My "One Layout Three Ways" cards.

Two of the swaps I had received from my friends Laurie LaRose and Leanne Livingstone looked very similar, despite using completely different (free) Sale-a-brations products.  Check these out ...
Laurie made the frog card ...
... and Leanne made the cupcake card.

I was struck by the similarities!  They both used green bases (I almost ALWAYS use white!).  They both used ovals to spotlight the main image ... and they were both matted with a scalloped oval.  They both used a wise banner ... and they both used Sale-a-brations sets.  That got me thinking about what to make at my next class.  The same MAIN pieces, but with different stamp sets and slightly different positioning of the elements ... hence "One Layout Three Ways".

These are the cards I came up with using the same main elements (matted ovals, banner and a SAB set) for each:


They are all similar in construction yet all have a very different feel, don't you think?

The frog card is from the Hoppy Together SAB set
The flower card is from the Lasting Lily SAB set
The cupcake card is from the Hello Cupcake SAB set

I have provided details on the cards on my FB page and/or in Youtube videos.  You can subscribe to my channel here

Here is my video showing you how to make the Lily card ... and some tips on how to ink the new Dist"ink"tive stamps ...
and here is one showing you how to make the cupcake card.  In usual Tamara fashion there are some errors in the video.  I kept getting the ink colours wrong!  I sued Lemon Lime Twist, BERRY BURST and SOFT SUEDE!  .. not Sahara Sand and Rich Razzleberry!)

I don't have a video for my frog card but it's fairly self-explanatory.  I will add that I used the Dot Dot Dot Embossing folder from the Occasions Catalogue to emboss the banner.  I think it added a "froggy feel" to the card.

So now I'll move on to the 30+ swaps I received in January from my talented friends across the country.

Frog - made by Laurie LaRose
Lattice - made by Stephanie VanDorp
Cupcake - made by Leanne Livingstone
Vases - made by Diane Hutchinson
Lovely Day - made by Joan Jeffery
Flowers - made by Laurie LaRose
Tea Pot made by Elizabeth Green
Flower - made by Marcy Denning
Cactus - made by Lisa Henderson
Needlepoint - was a Make and Take from Convention
Team card - made by Cheryl Simpkins
Squirrel card - made by Marcy Denning
Flower card - made by Joan Jeffery
Butterfly card - made by Diane Inkster
Fish card - made by Cindy Piggott
Butterfly card - made by Diane Inkster
Flower card - made by Elizabeth Green
Flower card - made by Glenda Mollet
Memories card - made by Doreen Hewitson
Horse card - made by Cindy Piggott
Tufted card - made by Doreen Hewitson
Horse card - made by Lisa Henderson
Cake card - made by Stephanie VanDorp
Car/gear card made by Glenda Mollet
Gum ball card - made by Cheryl Simpkins
Flower card - Make and Take from Convention
3-D pop up box - made by Diane Hutchinson



"Post" cards - made from the free SAB Parcel Post kit (now sold out :( )
Flower/hostess set card - made by me for my Open House Make and Take back in January
Phew!  That's a LOT of cards!  If you have any questions on technique, colours or sets used for any of the above just drop me a comment and I'll give you specifics.  As you can imagine, it would take a LONG time to post all the details on all the cards here so I'll do so on a "by request" basis.

That's it for now.  I better get off my butt, grab some breaky, walk the dog then hit the computer to get at that homework!  I hope it's not "rip your face off" cold where you are!  If it is, stay in and CRAFT!  Have a stampy Sunday!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment