Sunday, May 26, 2019

Quick & Easy is the Name of the Game!

Happy Sunday!

What a GORGEOUS day it is!  I can't wait to get out for my stroll with my Doodle Bug! ... alas, it may not be quite as long as usual this morning.  My poor fluffy pup is a little off today.  He's much better than YESTERDAY but still not 100%.  We took him to the dentist yesterday.  Ugh.  The poor thing.  He's SUCH a gentle soul ... and SUCH a big baby.  As soon as he sees where he is (from the back of the car) he starts crying, barking and shaking.  Breaks my heart every time!  He's 7 1/2 years old so, because he had to be put under, they needed to do blood work on him.  He came through the ordeal just fine, but missing one front tooth but OH MY LORD did it break my heart when the vet called to say he was ok and I could pick him up in an hour.  I could hear him HOWLING from the back.  They phoned me from the front ... and there is a door and an entire building space between the two areas.  I have NEVER hear him cry like that!  I was SO distraught knowing I couldn't go comfort him.  I distracted myself with some stamping until I could go rescue him!

He was stoned and VERY wobbly for quite a few hours afterwards.  By 2:00 am he was 90% back to normal.  Wagging his tail and he even grabbed his stuffed rabbit to play with.  He still hasn't eaten much or had much water so I won't take him for TOO long of a walk.  Here's hoping he's 100% by tonight!

I had a busy week running errands, starting to buy clothes for the trip to Rome/Greece and getting my car fixed from my little accident 1.5 weeks ago.  The damage wasn't too bad - only $1,150.  Sadly, since the one who rear-ended me didn't have insurance, I'm out the $1,000 deductible for a while.  Fingers crossed she pays me back without a lot of stress or delay!

Being so busy I needed quick and easy cards for upcoming classes and events.

I need 65 Thank You cards for Rebecca's Teacher's Appreciation Lunch this week.  The Abstract Impressions set is one of my absolute FAVES for quick and easy.  I seriously had these done in under 2 hours!
I needed 35 more Thank You cards for a gig I'm doing at our college, NAIT, this week.  I tweaked the card a little for those ...
I'm sad that our Narrow Note Cards and envelopes are retiring.  I've resisted the urge to buy 10 packs and hoard them so far, but I can promise you that if these bad boys end up on sale in the Clearance Rack I won't be able to resist!

I used Bermuda Bay and Lemon Lime Twist (*sniff - I'll miss you lovely LLT!) and finished it off with some (retired) Old Olive Bakers Twine.

Last night I figured *perhaps* I should design some cards for my Coffee and Cards class that is TOMORROW MORNING! *lol*.  I have two made so far and know what I want to do for the third ... I just need to get to it ...
 This is a super quick masculine card made with All Geared Up.  The background is in Smoky Slate, sentiment in black and the car is in Cherry Cobbler.  Love it!

This next one I LOVE LOVE LOVE!

It took about 4 minutes to come up with!  I stamped the Magnolia and sentiment from the new Good Morning Magnolia set (new June 4, 2019) in Sahara Sand. I coloured the leaves and centre with our Champagne Shimmer Paint, using a QTip.  SO pretty!  I added some small peals and BAM!  Done!

What else did I do work wise this week?  I did some stamping while waiting for my oil change.  LOVE our Paper Pumpkin Kits for easy crafting on-the-go!  Subscribe here by June 10th to get YOUR craft kit in the mail.  Only $30 (plus gst) gets you everything you need to make the kit project.  Message me if you have any questions!
 I have my Open House / Catty Launch June 8th 10-1:00 so I'm busy getting everything ready for that.  These are stickers you can use for your catalogue to help keep track of what you have ... and what you NEED! lol
The rest of the week has been fitting in paper work for my NAIT gig (sign up sheets, labeling catalogues and so on), making appointments and running errands.  A working Mom's work is never done!  Speaking of ... I need to make a delivery on my walk this morning.  Friends have ordered my Tin of Cards for Teacher and Birthday gifts.  I made 8 tins in a matter of hours.  Walking deliveries.  Multitasking at its best!
So that has been MY week.  THIS week is INSANE (I *may* be stressing just a bit!) but it will be fun.  Whatever YOU get up to this week, I hope you have a stampy one!  Thanks for popping in. 


Tam

2 comments: