Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tri-fold Card

Heido Ho and a Happy Tuesday to you!

I have the most FABULOUS card to post today!!!

But first ... you KNOW I have to ramble on about a few things before I get to the main event!

So ... here goes ...

On Saturday I had a GREAT time at the Leo Nickerson Trade Fair.  These events CAN be painful but this time I had a ball!  I was situated next to a great group of ladies and the time just FLEW by!  They have requested that I do a class to create this little "scrapbook" from waaaaaaay back when so stay tuned for the date on that ...


Here are some other items I took to the trade fair - so quick and easy to whip up ...

These were made with the Aviary set and the Curly Cute sentiment set.  I used Whisteria Wonder cs and Elegant Eggplant and Melon Mambo ink.  SOOOO easy!

Here are some Thank You treats I put together ...
Same colors - but the sets were Button Buddies and Thank You Kindly.  I then put them in the small cello bags (retiring!!!  Get 'em while you can!!)

Right ... so now for the MAIN project ...

For AGES I've been meaning to try to make a Tri-Fold card.  I made one ... once ... it was an epic fail ... I had to hang my head in shame and hide it in the cupboard where it would never again see the light of day (because of course I can't actually throw it AWAY!)  I made that card 2 or 3 years ago ... back in the day when you had to score using a ruler and a stylus ... and an exacto knife ... and you had to measure very precisely ... and ... well ... I say again ...epic fail.

Fast forward a few years to today - when we now have the fabulous Simply Scored Scoring Tool (still not luvin' the name!)  I stumbled across a very east-to-follow tutorial (thanks Peggy L!) and thought I would "give it another go".  Are you ready?  Tee hee ... I SOOOOO love this card ... ok ... here it is .... get ready to stand up and applaud ... it's really great ... k.  Ready?  K:


LOVE it!!!!  I'll have full instructions at my class on Friday night but quickly (I have to leave for dog training in 10 minutes!!) ... cs is 5 1/2" x 12" and scored at 2, 4, 8 and 10".  You then slice between the 2" and 8" score marks with an exacto knife 1 1/2" down (hard to explain ... come to class and I'll show you!)   Then it's really all just decorating.  Of course I once AGAIN used Mocha Morning DSP (yes, it is still available but going fast!)  I used Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake and Soft Suede cs ... the bird punch ... the Word Window and Modern Label punches and the Scalloped Circle punch.  The scalloped circle punch is used to make the flower - I punched out 5 flowers in the 3 colors of cs then spritzed them with water and crumpled them up to make them ragged.  I unfolded them and used the Crop-o-dile to punch a hole and put a brad in the middle - I then rescrunched the flower to form the flower.  LOVE it!  I used the "Mom" from "Family Reunion" and the sentiment from Full of Life (retiring!!) and "Happy Mother's Day" from Teeny Tiny Wishes.  I added some pearls and a swirl stamp from Vintage Vougue (retiring!!!)

It's a little time consuming but SO worth it!  Right ... have to run to training ...

I'll leave you with a video on the upcoming My Digital Studio 2 that will be released soon.

Have a fun night!


Tam

1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete