Monday, September 23, 2013

Frankie Flip Card

Happy Monday!!

What a BEAUTIFUL weekend we had!  I'm happy to say that except for the half hour I popped down to the craft room to whip up today's project, I managed to spend the weekend NOT working!  Although I was ITCHING to get downstairs and start prepping for the 4 stamping gigs I have over Friday, Saturday and Sunday I kept my priorities straight and spent time with my three favorite people :)

Today I'm sharing the CUTEST little card I've seen in a very long while ... and it only took 15 minutes to put together!  Mind you ... I didn't actually come up with the idea at all ... I 100% CASE'd it from Jeanetter Valenciana.  I found her card on Sandy Hancock's blog sandystamper.typepad.com.  Check THIS out:


LOOOVE it!!!  I could sit and flip this card over and over ... and I just MAY have been doing that for the last two days *lol*

This was rediculously easy to make, thanks to the new Circle Card Thinlits Die (item #133480 - $40.95 Canadian)!

Here are the supplies used:
  • Label Bracket Punch, Small Oval Punch, 2 1/2" 1 3/4" 1 3/8" Circle Punches, Circle Thinlit, Tags 4 You set. Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Black and Whisper White card stocks, Pumpkin Pie ink and a black marker, dimensionals - oh, and a finger dauber to shade the nose!
I don't think I really need to describe what to do ... it's just a matter of punching the pieces and taping them on ... but I WILL give you some dimensions to help.  To make the card base you need a piece of card stock that is 6" x 5 1/2".  That is the size of the Circle Thinlit that cuts and scores the paper for you.  You just fold on the score lines and you're half way done!  The hair is 2 pieces.  The first piece is 4 1/4" x 1 1/2" and then you just use your paper snips to randomly snip triangles out for the hair.  The second piec is 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" for the hair that is taped to the inside of the card.  In order to get the hair to line up when the card is closed is simply layed the small black piece behind the cut large black piece and made the same snips.  When it's closed the hair lines up perfectly.  That's really all there is to it!  Punch out your circle pieces, tape them on, draw a scar and the mouth and Wa-low!  You have a Frankie Flip card. 

Thanks for sharing your project, Jeanette - it's fabulous ... and is the third project for a birthday party I'm doing for a 10 year old and her friends next weekend.  Perfect!

Pop in again soon.  Until then - have a stampy week!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment