Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Stencil Stamping Polka Dots

Happy Tuesday!

OK .... I thought I'd crack off this quick post before heading to bed last night and schedule it post this morning (I was killing time waiting for the girls to brush their teeth etc).

Just a few quick pics today ... I made a few different versions of my "Stencil Stamping" Technique card from a few days ago.  Here was the original card:
I obviously used the Chevron stencil for this card.  When I was teaching the technique to my class on Friday night I decided to try using the polka dot stencil and I LOVE how it turned out!
 Here is another version ...
That one is my favorite!  I used the stencil from the Build a Banner Kit and my finger daubers.  It was actually less messy than with the chevron stencil as I didn't have to keep moving the stencil and wiping it clean when I changed colors.  The daubers are just the right size to cover the dots without too much ink getting on the stencil.  I love the fun colors ... and I seem to be in a circle / dot phase this week!  The sentiment from the birthday set is retired ... and I can't even remember the name of it ... but it works really well with this card!  I used more of my cute clips and ended up with a quick, fun card.

That's it for today.  I now have to spend a few days making Christmas cards for my Stamp-a-stack in 2 weeks so stay tuned for those projects in the near future!  Until then ... have a stampy day!


Tam

2 comments:

  1. Awesome idea. I am going to try this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun one!! I think I'll try one similar with Christmas colors for a Christmas card ...

      Delete