Sunday, March 18, 2018

Vertical Greetings

Happy Sunday!

Right!  Today I am DETERMINED to be productive!  I HAVE to get working on my On Stage presentation!  I have to do a trial run via FaceTime with Head Office on Friday which means I have to have EVERYTHING prepared, scripted and ready to go as if it was the real thing!  Ya, I *think* I have all my samples done (well, there IS one more I've been wanting to play with but ...) but I DO want to re-make them, tidy them up a bit, make them a little "cleaner", if you know what I mean.  It makes me quite giddy to think that hundreds (thousands??) of people will be seeing my projects and naturally you want to have your best work on display!  So that's the "plan" for today ... but I know me.  Something tells me I'm going to end up making Easter Treats for my club girls, baking and doing my nails.  Well ... at least I KNOW myself and KNOW when I'm kidding myself *lol*.  Well see what I ACTUALLY get up to today hee hee.

Wanna see a project?  Of COURSE you do!  That's why you come right?  (or do you come for the witty banter and slightly crazy ramblings??) . Maybe a mix of the two!

Alright.  Here's a card:
Isn't it fun??  It's one of the cards we made at my Stamp-a-Stack last month (ya, ya, I'm a little behind in posting ...)

I was on a real "green" kick and not gunna lie, this Lemon Lime Twist is one of my fave colors his winter.  It just makes me happy!

I wanted to ink up my Vertical Greetings set - one that I was VERY drawn to when the 2017 catalogue first came out but I have only used once.  Not gunna lie - the first time I used the set I found it difficult to work with.  Ya I made a card but I thought the ideas and layouts would come quickly and easily.  They didn't ... and the set sat on the shelf.  I cracked that bad boy open again and this time it came much quicker and easier.  I drew inspiration from the leaves on the topiary.  The Petal Burst Embossing Folder is the obvious "go-to" to mimic those leaves!  I used the new Decorative Ribbon Border Punch for the lacy edge, and a strip of the Dazzling Diamond Washi Tape found in the Myths & Magic pack.  How did I color the leaves?  I just used my finger dauber, inked it in the Lemon Lime Twist ink and pressed it onto the tree image.  Perfect circle!  Some rhinestones and dimensionals give it texture, bling and dimension.

I love this card.  A pretty little card to send to a friend ... just because :)

Whatever you get up to today, I hope it's SOMEWHAT what you had planned ... and that it's a stampy one.  Happy Sunday xo


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment