Sunday, September 1, 2019

Toile Christmas Two Ways

Happy Sunday!

MAN it feels like LATE fall this weekend, rather than EARLY fall!  We had to turn the heat on last night!!  Am I complaining?  HECK NO!  I LOVE this weather!  It's my absolute FAVE!  The ONLY downside for me is it is WAY too short and it is quickly followed by 6-8 months of snow, ice and cold.  I'm going to enjoy every cool fall day I can get!  PERFECT crafting weather!

I only managed to spend about half an hour crafting this week.  The rest of my "spare" time has been spent playing game with the girls, back to school shopping and getting those 3 years worth of photographs in my albums!  I'm down to just two little boxes.  I think I started with 9!  The goal back in June was to get it done by the end of summer.  I'm cutting it close, with only 3 days left before school starts but I think I'll get there!  Go me!


It has been a process for SURE!  I've already gone through 15 PACKS of our pocket pages and am on album #4!  It will feel SO good to get this project off my "one-day" list!

So!  What crafting did I do this week?  Well, if you follow me on Facebook (Tamara's Paper Trail) you have already seen today's project.  It's a re-make of the Blog Hop card I created for the "Stampin' Creative Blog Hop" I posted Thursday.  For THAT card I CASEd a card right from the upcoming Holiday Catalogue, using the Toile Christmas bundle.  This is the card I shared:
Isn't it pretty?  For full details on how to make that card click here.

After I made THAT card I had a few leftover pieces on my desk.  With those I made THIS card:
This one uses Cherry Cobbler (4" x 3 3/4") and Old Olive "4 plus 2 ticks x 3 3/4" plus 2 ticks).  I coloured the branch with my markers and added some Ice Glitter to them.  The Cherry Cobbler layer was run through the Scripty 3-D embossing folder.  Quick, easy card!

Thursday I wanted to play with the Toile Christmas bundle some more and I wanted to see if the Cardinal would work as a Bluejay so ...
 I would say it does!  Now the face is a little creepy to me.  I used my whisper white watercolour crayons first (that worked well on the tummy) but it didn't give great coverage on the face, so I used our Chalk Marker on top of that.  It worked well enough but I think I'd like to try it again, stamping the face on Blueberry Bushel card stock in White Craft ink, then cut it out and adhere it down.  I think that may be less creepy.  If I try it I'll let you know how it turns out!
Here are the two versions together.  For the Bluejay card I used the Itty Bitty Birthdays set for the sentiment.  I like it!  Which do YOU like better?

That's it for today.  I'm off to start some laundry, walk Doodle Dog and then crack off another box of pictures.  What ever YOU get up to today, I hope you have a stampy one!


Tam

2 comments: