Sunday, October 6, 2019

Catching Up!

Happy Sunday!

Oh my goodness!  I started this post last night and then totally forgot to finish it off this morning!  Truth be told I've been all OVER the place this week (yes, even more so than usual!) . On Friday I had to take my little fluffy buddy to the vet to have some biopsies done.  Long story short he's 100% FINE - just fat deposits and no surgery is needed.  We were pretty sure the two lumps we felt WERE just fat but there was another "mass" the vet found that had me VERY concerned.  If it were sinister and needed removing it would be quite tricky.  Not gunna lie ... I ate my emotions a LOT this week!  I can't begin to tell you how relieved I am.  The thought of losing my bestie just rips at my heart!  The number of walks I fought back the tears were many.  I actually put on a full face of makeup most days to ensure I didn't bawl my eyes out! lol.  So!  Now we can all breathe again and get back to our normal level of crazy!

I must apologize for not posting on Sunday mornings, as has been my plan.  I have joined a number of blog hops and those are on various days of the week/month ... and I just don't have the time to blog more than once in a week ... so I've been all rather random in my posts.  I'm hoping to get a few more projects under my belt next week (not this week, I have 4 major events this week!).  Bare with me as I try to find a new groove.  I AM happy to report that I absolutely do NOT work as much as I did last year.  Most evenings I can be found hanging with the family, playing games or watching shows.

Here's a quick catch up on some of the projects I made over the last few weeks.  Many of these are ones that I feature in my "Check it out Tuesday" Facebook Live events.  If you don't know about those, check it out!  Head to my facebook page "Tamara's Paper Trail" on Tuesday evenings at 7:00 pm mountain time.  It's NEVER polished, USUALLY a gong show and ALWAYS entertaining! lol.

Here are the projects ...

SUCH a quick and easy masculine card ...
I used the trees from the Medley "Most Wonderful Time" but there are MANY trees that would work if you don't have that stamp set.  The trees in the Merry Moose, Snow Front, Waterfront, Let it Ride,  or Rooted in Nature would work too!  The deer are from the Snow Front set.  I used Mossy Meadow and Soft Suede inks.  The sentiment is from Piece of Cake.

The next card I CASED from Lori Heling - I made some minor changes but it's her design.  I made my own buffalo check flag using the stamp set of the same name.  I stamped Old Olive ink on Soft Sea Foam card stock and then drew lines with my Night of Nave marker.  I used my Old Olive, Crumb Cake and Smoky Slate blends to colour the image, and my Tin Tile Embossing Folder for the background.  Great card Lori!
The next card is one that I really CASEd from myself.  I forgot I vowed never to use that leaf die ever again .. it's a royal PAIN to get the paper out of it ... alas, I like what I like and it had to be done.  I used the Birch background stamp in Crumb Cake ink, the sentiment from Country Home, the mat in Sahara Sand and the leaves in Cherry Cobbler,  Cajun Craze and Pretty Peacock.
I made the same card with a Pretty Peacock mat instead of Sahara Sand.  I like it better.
This one was a lot of fun to make.  I used the Perennial Essence paper, Rich Razzleberry CS and the dies from Tasteful Backgrounds.  The sentiment is from Woven Heirlooms.  So pretty!
The next project was CASEd from my friend and downline Nicole Zandbergen.  We ran the lids of the coffins through the Big Shot with the Scroll folder and then sponged it with silver and Gold "Delicata" ink.  I used the Monster Bash designer paper for the image and sentiment and added some embellishments for fun.
Last up is a SUPER quick and easy card made with the Very Versailles stamp set and Garden Lane designer papers.  I used Mossy Meadow paper and ink, as well as Soft Sea Foam ink.  Quick and easy!
I think that brings us up to date so I'll sign off as I have about another 20 minutes left in setting up for class tomorrow and then it's time to hang with my peeps!

I hope you had a great weekend and your week ahead is a stampy one!  Thanks for popping in :)


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment