Thursday, October 31, 2019

Stampin Creative Blog Hop - Brightly Gleaming - Festive Treat!

Happy Blog Hop Day!  Welcome to the Stampin' Creative Blog Hop for October, 2019!  I'm Tamara Bertram, coming to you from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.  I'm THRILLED to be hopping with so many AMAZING demonstrators from around the globe as we bring you projects with a "Festive Treat" theme.  I was a little confused on what the theme meant ... my UK friends tell me "festive" is generally used to refer to Christmas ... so Christmas is what I went with.  I hope you find some inspiration from my project and from those along the hop.  Please leave comments as you go along - we all love to read what others think of our creations.  Thanks for popping in - happy hopping!

Funny story - so I've been sitting on the CARD I wanted to share for this post for quite some time.  Yesterday morning I couldn't sleep so I got up at 4:30 am and did this post.  At 4:00 PM I realized the theme is Festive TREAT ... and I made a Festive CARD! ... so with just 20 minutes before a meeting I had scheduled I ran down and whipped up a coordinating TREAT to match the card ... so let's start with the CARD, shall we?  hee hee ...
This is SO my style!  Quite clean and simple with minimal stamping.  I got my inspiration from Rick D Adkins over at rckinsmonstudio.com.  This is his card I came across on Pinterest a few months back and I LOVED the layout ...
So!  Want some details on how to make it?  Coming right up!

- Standard Whisper White card base of 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
- Cherry Cobbler Designer Paper ... which I realized AFTER the fact is from LAST year's holiday catalogue ... but have no fear!  There is a virtually identical design in THIS year's catalogue, in the Wrapped in Plaid 6" x 6" DSP.  I cut that layer at 2" x 5 1/2"
- Wood Grain layer is from the "Come to Gather" DSP on the holiday catalogue, cut t0 3" x 4 1/4"
- The top Whisper White Layer is cut 3 1/2" x 2 1/4"
- I used the "Brightly Gleaming" stamp et to stamp the holly and sentiment.  The holly is stamped in Mossy Meadow ink (and coloured with my Cherry Cobbler Dark and Old Olive light and dark blends) and the sentiment is in Cherry Cobbler.
The top layer is popped up on dimensionals.

SO quick and easy - this is my favourite Christmas card so far this year. 

Now, as I mentioned, I needed a TREAT to go WITH this card to stay with the blog hop theme ... so here it is!


Cute, yes?  The NEW curvy keepsake box is SO cute!  I confess, I only just got mine two days ago.  I have the old one and thought they were the same, except for the tags.  WRONG!  These ones are about half the size and SO much easier to make!  Rather than having to cut out TWO pieces and glue them together it is cut in ONE piece ... and you can use a 6" x 6" piece of paper to boot! 

I cut mine out of Cherry Cobbler paper, made a tag in Whisper White with my stitched circle, stamped the Holly and sentiment in Mossy Meadow and then coloured the holly with my blends.  To do it again I would make sure the Blends were totally dry before stamping the sentiment, as the sentiment did bleed ... but time was money! lol.

I added our Striped Cherry Cobbler ribbon (12" piece) to attach the tag and BAM!  One super fast treat.  Love it!
So there you have it!  A Festive Card and a Festive Treat!  I hope you like them and maybe even draw some inspiration from them. 

Thanks for popping in - have yourself a stampy day!

Blog Hop List:

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects - I love the mini curvy keepsake box

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's so cute!! Love them and I'm sorely tempted too by the Tiny Keepsake dies!! Argh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects! I love the card layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks Awesome! If you like Christmassy stuff, then you just might love Glow Edmonton ;) https://www.glowgardens.com/edmonton-christmas/3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been using the Bobangles automobile best car air freshener for a while now, and it's the greatest one I've ever used. My automobile now has a pleasant, lingering perfume I may enjoy for weeks. Moreover, the modern style is a welcome complement to my car's cabin. Everyone who cares about how their vehicle smells should get one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any set of Stationery Supplies materials would be incomplete without the cute and cuddly Ooly Eraser - Zoo Bear! Thanks to the high-quality erasing performance and meticulous design, I am a stationery lover. You can't go wrong with this adorable and practical item. No matter what your profession is, this rubber will be a delightful addition to your stationery collection!

    ReplyDelete