Sunday, October 27, 2019

This and That in Calgary

Happy Sunday!

I'm coming to you from sunny Calgary, Alberta this morning!  This weekend was the "Finding New Customers" Seminar that the Canadian Demonstrator Council put on.  This was the 5th location we have presented at and there are two more to go.  Sadly it's that last one that I will be speaking at.  Other Council members will be presenting in both Richmond and Winnipeg over the next few weekends.

What an honour it has been to serve on this Council!  I have learned a lot during my year and honestly, it has really helped my business as I decided I had better walk the walk and not just talk the talk!  I have pushed myself into new, uncomfortable directions and it has paid off in many ways.

I have LOVED speaking.  Shocking, I know, but I LOVE to talk ... and to have people who will listen! lol. Oh sure the dog and kids do but usually only when there is a cookie involved and/or they are trapped in the car with me and can't escape! hee hee.

The ONLY downside to the weekend was I was sick.  as.  a.  dog! ... oh, and the drive down here!  GEEZ!  It SHOULD take less than 3 hours to drive from Edmonton to Calgary.  I left Friday at 12:30 pm, hoping to get to the hotel with enough time to relax and maybe catch a nap .. or at very least take a hot shower and down some cold meds.  Alas, it wasn't to be.  It took me FIVE hours.  Ugh.  The winds were SO bad on the highway that it flipped a semi!  After getting through that the highway was closed from unknown reasons and it took an hour to go 5 km.  Not kidding!  I wouldn't have minded so much if I hadn't had two bottles of water in my system!  *lol*.  It was NOT a good time but I just kept thinking "someone is having a MUCH worse day than I am" ... specifically the semi driver.  I got here safe and sound and *may* have had a few gin and tonics to settle my nerves :)

Actually, the whole of last week was crazy, not just this weekend. Busy busy every day so I didn't get to any new projects.  In fact, for the second time in 14 years I actually had to postpone a class!  What I DO have, are some pictures of cards I saw at the Calgary Stampin' Up! office.  I'm sorry, I didn't take pictures of who MADE these cards but I really liked them so snapped some pics for inspiration when I DO eventually get back down to my cave!  Check these out!









 Aren't they great??  I took a few of the crafting area too:

 I didn't take any pictures at the seminar itself ... but I did get one of me and Jill Taylor.  She's Dale's bosses boss ... the VP of Global Sales and Communications.  She is SO lovely!  I was honoured to have been granted the opportunity to spend so much time with her.  She's an amazing woman!
 I'll leave it there for now.  I think I'll go get gas and head over to the restaurant to meet my friends and then hit the road.  I miss my peeps ... and my Doodle Bug.  LOTS of work lately.  Time for some family bonding!

Whatever YOU get up to today I hope you have stampy Sunday.  Thanks for popping in!



Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment