Saturday, December 13, 2014

Shaker Card

Happy Saturday!

*Yawn* …. that 4 hour nap I had last night doesn't have me very bright eyed or bushy tailed this morning!  The fun of my Friday Night Technique Class carried me through my normal "sleepy time" and well into the night … I didn't get to bed until 1:00 am!  WAAAAYYYYY past my bed time!  I was just wide awake after all the fun and laughs we had.  MAN I love my friends … and my "job"!  I get to do what I love, with people I love, in my own home!  (… and we can have a glass of Baileys in the rocks without getting a formal warning from anyone *lol*).  I really had a great DAY.  I started stamping at 8:30 am with a great group of ladies and then my evening class was at 7:00 pm.  It was a great mix of "old" friends and a "new" friend (I hope we didn't scare her off!!!).  A really, REALLY great day - thank you My Friends!  (… and I will share the AWESOME gift Casey gave me once I take  pictures!).

Today is going to be even MORE stamping fun as I'm off to "Diva Day" with 20 other Demonstrators from the Edmonton Area.  Every few months our "Mighty Leader", Tamye Dunbar, treats her top demonstrators to breakfast and stamping.  I'm honoured to be one of those demonstrators and always look forward to seeing "the gang" again, eating and of course stamping!

This afternoon we are getting together with our neighbours a few doors down for snacks and yet MORE laughs - yep - I'm loving "the Season"!

So I need to get on with this post as I need to head to Tamye's very soon (freezing rain in these parts!).  This is the Technique card we made last night.  I absolutely love it!
The colour is just so striking "live".  It's simply Whisper White and Island Indigo. Fabulous!  It's a Shaker Card - I think I've only made one or two of those in my 9 years of stamping!  Genevieve reminded me that SU sold (or still DO sell?!) circular sticky foam to MAKE shaker cards - oh ya!  I have a stash of those somewhere.  Never used 'em!  Would have made this card a lot faster *lol*.  Oh well - always more than ONE way to skin a cat, eh?  hee hee.

So for this you punch a 2" circle in the front of the top card layer.  You then attach a 2 1/2" piece of Window Sheet to the back of the card.  We used Fast Fuse for a GOOD seal but really any adhesive would do.  We stamped the chevron using the Project Life "Holiday Cheer" set in Island Indigo ink.  WE then made and Island Indigo frame by punching out a 2" circle then going back over that hole with the 2 1/2" circle to make a frame.  We attached it with the two-way glue pen.  We stamped an Indigo tree and Whisper White Tree.  Once we stamped the white tree we THEN stamped it with the garland image from the Festival of Trees set (normally we stamp THEN punch but for this one we punched and THEN stamped - saves a bit of card stock and it is easy to line up the image on the punched piece because it is photopolymer and therefore see-through.  Make sense?)

We then used the edges of old pages of dimensionals placed all around the back of the window to create a solid seal around the hole.  We placed some sequins on the Island Indigo layer, peeled off the dimensional backings and adhered it to the Indigo layer (ok - totally should have taken pictures like Karen suggested - these written instructions are tough to follow!)  We then attached the trees, stamped the "Baby It's Cold Outside" sentiments (from the Project Life set again) and punched that out with the 1 1/4" circle punch.  Put it all together with a few dimensionals, a few more sequins and Wa-low!  An awesome, fun card that can work for Christmas OR winter Birthday!

If these instructions were all too hard to follow just Google "Shaker Cards" and you'll find lots of videos to help you out.

Right!  I better get moving or I'll never make breakfast in time with these roads!  Whatever you get up to today, make it a stampy one and enjoy!!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment