Thursday, December 31, 2020

Celebration - Stampin' Creative Global Blog Hop

Happy Blog Hop Day!

Each month demonstrators from around the globe bring you projects they have designed around a common theme.  This month the theme is "CELEBRATE".

I'm sure at this time of year most people who are asked to create a "Celebrate" themed card would gravitate towards a New Year card.  Not me.  Nope.  When I saw "Celebrate" I started to think about things that I LOVE to celebrate.  Birthdays, weddings and babies!  I'm now at the age where many of my friends are graduating from "Mom" to "Grandma" and I need to have more cards to celebrate THAT wonderful event so here is MY card on the theme "Celebrate":
Isn't it SWEET??  I just love how it turned out.  It has such a "soft" look about it ... and it was ridiculously quick and easy to make!

Our Whisper White was used for the base and the layer (5" x 3 3/4") was run through the "Subtle" embossing folder.  I then ran a piece of Seaside Spray card stock through the Cut & Emboss machine with one of the Ornate Layers dies to make a pretty frame.  I stamped on another Whisper White layer measuring 3 1/2" x 2 1/4" with the bird nest from "Birds & Branches" in Early Espresso Ink.  The sentiment is from "Here's a Card" and is also in Early Espresso.  I stamped the eggs in both Seaside Spray and Misty Moonlight ink (on a scrap of white) and cut them out with the Birds & More Dies.  The two Seaside Spray eggs are popped up on mini dimensionals.  The Misty Moonlight eggs are attached with glue dots.  

What I ADORE about the card are the two small details I added.  One is a little glitz I added to just one of the eggs, from our Elegant Faceted Gems ...
... the other is a teeny little bow I made from our Whisper White Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon ...
Those two small details, combined with the soft colour palette, romantic frame and lots of white space make this a REALLY sweet baby card that I will be proud to send to my friends to help them CELEBRATE their little miracle.
I hope you like it as much as I do!  The full product list is at the end of this post.  

Check out all the projects my friends have made for you by clicking their links below.

With that I'll sign off and say HAPPY NEW YEAR!  Have fun, stay safe but definitely CELEBRATE!



xoxo. Tam


Product List

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely card!
    Happy new year from the Netherlands,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the theme - great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's perfect! I always forget about the ornate frames, but they are so perfect for dressing up any card! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. Me too! I've honestly only used them a handful of times ... but that's changing! I've used them twice this wee alone! Happy New Year :)

      Delete
  4. Oh how I love this view of this theme. Wonderful card. Happy New Year to you xx

    ReplyDelete