Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Perpetual Calendar

Happy Tuesday!

Right - so next time I say I'm gunna do a post don't believe me *lol*.  I had every INTENTION of posting on Sunday but … well … I'm just getting to darn good at this relaxing business!  Mind you I didn't really do a lot of relaxing per se … by noon I was fairly bored.  "How bored??" I hear you cry.  So bored that I actually did my workout video to kill some time!  Now THAT'S bored!  OK - it was also to procrastinate on my "one-day" list.  I'm getting so caught up on things that I'm reaching the bottom of my list!  I had a few options - none of which appealed to me.  a) do my taxes or b) upload 500 pictures from my phone to Costco to get printed.  Ugh.  Since y workout video only took half an hour I had no alternative - I actually did both a) AND b).  Not only did I do that but I also filled in some forms that have literally been on my fridge since September!!  Yesterday I ran around actually submitting those forms (mainly so I could attend camp with Alicia's class in May).  Gotta say - getting THAT off my to-do list felt GREAT!!

That brings us to today!  Spent the morning working out, walking the dog and cleaning, then I threw some soup on to cook and had 45 minutes left before I had to pick up mini-me.  What to do? Hmmmmm - well - given that the stupid full moon of stupidness had me awake ALLLLLL night I thought maybe a 15-20 minute nappy-poo would be a great way to kill some time.  Alas … "someone" had other ideas.  I opened one eye to see THIS staring at me …
I TRIED to ignore him.  Next thing I know he's poking me with his paw!
Sigh.  So much for that idea!  So now HE'S sleeping and I'm blogging.  Humph.  Some days … lol

So how about a project already???  OK!  Ready???
Ta-Da!  What d'ya MEAN "what is it?"?  It's a perpetual calendar, of course!!   I love it!

A few months ago I came across this great project from one of the Stampin' Up Artisans Cindy Schuster over at www.nutmegcreations.blogspot.com
Soooooo key-UTE!  I "pinned" it to make my own once I got the Large Numbers Framelits.  Actually this project convinced me to GET the framelits.  I WANTED them but until I saw this wasn't sure I *needed* them.  Turns out I did! *lol*.  Whilst I LOVE her version and I thought it would make a great class, it really does't go with my decor … and didn't think it would with too many of my stampers … so I cmd up with my own version.

I found a frame with four 4" x 6" openings.  I removed the glass and used some retired Black and White DSP I have been hoarding to cover the openings.  I just used some Tear and Tape to secure the paper to the back of the frame.  I then cut some Whisper White card stock to which I attached all the punched out numbers.  I used our multipurpose glue but any adhesive would work.  I used one of my Paper Pumpkin sets to stamp the months in various colours.  I stamped the month in the middle first then again and again and again (without reining) to get an ombre effect.  Finally I grabbed my "Enjoy the Little Things" stamp set as well as a few retired sets to stamp some inspirational phrases.  I punched out some butterflies with my Thinlits (attached those with glue dots and I was almost done.  I used some Island Indigo card stock to frame the white hanging cards and adhered them to the frame.  I then headed to Dad's workshop (aka his basement) to steal … I mean borrow … his little hand held drill.  I drilled holed right through the frame backing and screwed in some hooks.  Only problem is I didn't take into account the "dip" in the hooks so the cards are no longer centred on the Island Indigo mats.  Grrrrr.  I still have to red rill the holes a little higher.  Seriously.  I won't be able to sleep with the cards off centre *lol*

Oh!  I forgot to mention … each of the whisper white cards has some wash tape attached at the top and all the corners were rounded with my Project Life corner rounder punch.

Done!  I love how it turned out.  Only trouble is the wall I want to hand it on isn't wide enough!  Ack!  I need a VERTICAL frame!  Sigh.  Back to the drawing board *lol*

Do you love this project?  Are in you in the Edmonton Area and free this Saturday (Feb 27th) morning around 11:00 am?  If so come on over!  I'm holding a class to make it!  $35 ($30 for current club members).  You can have the frame in white, black, melon mambo or tempting turquoise.  Just make sure you RSVP before Friday at noon so I can prep the supplies!

FYI we are also making these little notecards I posted the other day - 10 for $20 in 30 … 10 notecards and envelopes for $20 in about 30 minutes.  Again, RSVP before Friday noon if you want to join us!
So that's it for now.  Thanks for popping in.  Have yourself a stampy evening!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment