Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Split Negative Tutorial

Happy Wednesday!

MAN I'm loving life this week!  Nothing pressing on the calendar just chipping away at little things I want to get done in and amongst being Suzie homemaker - cooking, cleaning, baking.  Add to that the beautiful winter we've had (I'm back to walking Koda in shoes … with no socks!) and the healthy living I'm into these days and I'm feeling ga-RATE!

Another thing on my "to-do" list was to post a tutorial for my Split Negative I created for my Technique Class last month.  Ack!  I just realized I didn't even post the CARD here yet!  Well!  Let's rectify THAT right now!!  Here is the card ...
Isn't it great??  I LOVE how it turned out!  So striking.  The other thing I love is that it can be used for so many different occasions!  Wedding, Birthday, Sympathy … virtually any occasion.  My kind of card!  It's certainly not a quick card.  Easy … but not quick.  Here's a photo tutorial for you.

Before anything else I started by punching out two roses from the Rose Garden Thinlet set.  One in white and one in black.  

I grabbed a standard Whisper White base and cut two mats - one in black and one in white - both measure 2" x 5 1/4".  I used a post-it-note simply to hold the two mats together.  This step is certainly not necessary.  I just stuck them together with the note, turned the "now-one" mat over just so I could then take my punched out rose and see exactly where I would like it to be placed.

In the picture below I'm just showing you what I mean … When the two pieces are stud together I could lay the rose down on top of the mats to make sure it would fit.
In the picture below I have picked up the stuck-together mats, pulled off the white one and then, using my paper snips, cut the white rose along the edge of the black mat.
I now have my full black rose and a partial white rose.
Using my Fine-Tip Glue pen I glued the white part-rose on top of the black rose .. like this ...
You now have your two-toned rose.  After that you simply assemble.  Adhere you black and white mats to your card base, use your fine-tip glue pen to glue the entire rose to the card and then finish as desired ...
I used the birthday sentiment that is from then Rose Wonder Stamp set, added some rhinestones, punched the sentiment out with the framelit (Rose Garden framelit), popped it up on dimensionals and wa-low!  An awesome card!
Great!  Another thing off my to-do list!  Next up - finalize what cards we're doing at my March 6th Stamp-a-Stack.  Oh sure, I have lots already made we COULD use … but I'm craving something new. Stay tuned … and have a stampy day!


Tam


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for this tutorial on how to make this beautiful card. It is lovely and easy enough after your explanation. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete