Thursday, February 25, 2016

Flowering Fields Fun

Happy Thursday!

Ahhhh peace and quiet.  any other moms get up early just so they can sit and enjoy while the children sleep??  The kids are off today and tomorrow (Teachers' Convention).  Thought I'd get up at the usual time.  THEY may have the day off but Mom never does, right?  Workouts still need to be done, dog still needs to walked, dinner still needs to be made … only thing different for me is I will have two humans making demands on me WHILE I do all of the above *lol*.  I'm taking Leeshy to Mom and Dad's after lunch to sleep over and spend some quality "building" time with Papa.  They are making a little BBQ for her Journey Girl doll.  It's SO stinkin' cute - and she LOVES making things with Dad.  he helped her earn her woodworking badge for Brownies a few years back and more recently they made wooden Christmas ornaments for everyone.  She adores Dad and is learning some great skills.  Of course Dad covets their time together.  Nothing makes him happier than spending time with my girls AND spending time teaching them things.  He is a very smart (and wise!) man with so many great stories and life lessons.  I love that they love spending time with him.  Long may it last!!

Yesterday I spent about 8 hours in my Craft Cave.  That would normally be my idea of Heaven - alas I just couldn't get the creative juices flowing!!1  It was seriously painful!  Nor just from a frustration level but when I finally packed it in my back was killing me and my shoulders were literally up around my ears.  SO frustrating!

I dID manage to come up with two cards that weren't complete and utter garbage.  Here is one of them. The more I look at it the more I like it :)
It uses the FREE SAB set "Flowering Fields" as well the retired set "Loving Thoughts".  I love that retired set because all the sentiments are the same size which means stampers at my Stamp-A-Stacks can switch the sentiment to suit their needs.  This card would work for most occasions - right up my alley!

I stamped the images (and sentiment) in Archival Black ink and used the Wink of Stella Gold to add a little colour to the flowers.  I also used my Pear Pizzazz marker to add a touch of green.  I didn't colour every leaf or petal - just some.  I stamped the butterfly and punched it out with my 3/4" circle punch, coloured it with Wink (and black) and popped it up on a dimensional.  The sentiment is popped up as well, after attaching a slice of a doily and our (retired) gold cord (ohhhhh how I wish we carried that cord all year long - the circles make themselves for a quick and fuss-free embellishment!)

It's hard to tell from the picture but there is a hint of Pear Pizzazz as a mat.  The top white layer measured 5" x 3 3/4" - the Pear Pizazz mat is 5 plus two ticks x 3 3/4" plus two ticks *lol*.  (I hate when I have to think … I believe the REAL size is 5 2/16 x 3 14/16" …. but that hurts my head … so go with just over 5" x 3 3/4" ok??)

That's it for today … I will post my other "non-sucky" card soon … and the key-UTEST little Easter treat … so pop in again soon.  Until then - have a super stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment