Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Easy Card Layout: From Simple to Stunning in Just a Few Steps - MCM layout July 28, 2026


Happy Tuesday!  It's been a full day for THIS gal already - up at 5:00 am and going hard ever since!  Not gunna lie, ready for a nap now.  Alas, Blog posts don't write themselves and I'm off to go Glamping tomorrow so Giddy Up, Let's Go!

I hope you had a chance to watch my Mystery Card Monday (MCM) Facebook Live last night.  It was a FUN one, where I took a layout I found from Cheryl Dorsey (Cheryl's Stampin' Squad) and turned it into these five awesome cards ....


Notice how the layout can be SUPER simple, using very basic supplies most card makers have (stamps, ink, paper, punch) OR you can add embossed layers, die cuts, colouring and embellishments to "step it up".  THAT is the sign of a versatile layout!  

These are the cards I focused on showing you.  For both I used the Moonlit Flora Designer Paper and Mossy Meadow card stock and inks.  The "basic" one on the left leaves the middle card stock layer un-embossed, uses the Rounded Rectangle Punch, Natural Matte Dots and the sentiment from Prayers & Promises.  The card on the right embosses the middle layer with the Fern & Flora Embossing Folder, a die cut from Filled with Sweetness for the sentiment and coloured butterflies from the Fern & Flora dies.  The embellishments are from the Shimmering Dots.


I LOVE this one!  It uses some retired paper, Floral Impressions.  The sentiment is from Framed Violets.  The embellishments are from (now retired) Deer Dots.  The embossing folder is Lazy Daisy 3D.


This one is fun, using paper from A Stitched Season paper, one of three embossing folders from the new Seasonal Cheer Mini Embossing Folders, sentiment from Festive Cheer in Real Red (paper is Poppy Parade) and the embellishments are the Adhesive Backed Peppermints.


If Halloween is more you style, this one uses the new Spooktacular paper, Seasonal Cheer Mini Embossing Folders and the CUTEST little Adhesive Bakced Bats, Ghosts & Dots.  hee hee ... The sentiment is from our Greetings for All Mix & Match Ephemera Pack.


Again, this is a close up of the "basic" card layout ...


... and the "stepped up" version.  The embellishments on this one are from Dewdrops Embellishments.


I urge you to try this layout!  It packs a really great WOW factor but is so easy!  If you want to make one, prep these pieces ....


Check out the video replay on how to put all the pieces together, along with lots of other card making tricks and tips .....


That's it for this week.  If you would like to join me LIVE for my MCM (Mystery Card Monday) sessions, you can catch me on my FaceBook Page here at 7:00 pm Mountain Time every Monday ... or on my YouTube Channel here at the same time (I stream live to both).  Like and Follow my FB Page and/or Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.  I'd love to have you - the live community is AMAZING and so much fun!

If you live in Canada and would like to purchase any of the items I used for my cards, just click any of the pictures below and you will be taken to my Stampin' Up! online store.  (I apologize that not all products are shown!  When I do a blog post before the product is available for sale I can't add it to the list shown below.)  Thank you!  I appreciate your support!

Stay amazing! 

Tamara

 

Product List
Bone Folder [ 102300 ]
[102300]
$11.00

No comments:

Post a Comment