Saturday, November 21, 2015

Season of Sparkle Take II

Happy Saturday!

I'm thrilled to announce that my back seems to be behaving itself and I am not (yet) horizontal, drugged to my back teeth nor sleeping on a board.  Yay me!  For ONCE I listened to my body and stopped before I was lying on the ground of a snow covered parking lot screaming in pain!  Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers.  They seem to have worked!

Today I'm sharing another card I made with the Season of Sparkle set.  This is one of those sets you either love or hate.  Given that I've only sold two (and one was to myself!) I take it most of my customers aren't in the "love" category.  Too bad.  I am!  Check it out:

I bought this set because I fell in love with the little nutcracker.  It helps that I also LOVE colouring (and hopefully my family is aware that THE hot trend in the art world is adult colouring books … but I digress …)

We made this card at my Technique Class last night.  I used a 1" x 5 1/4" strip of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper, punched with the Banner Punch (you just HAVE to own that punch!!!).  The mat of 3 1/4" x 3" of Garden Green is popped up with dimensionals.  The top white layer is 3" x 2 3/4".

I stamped the grey globe base and the snow in Smoky Slate ink - the sentiment, globe and nutcracker in Archival Black.  I coloured Mr. Man in with Garden Green, Crushed Curry, Real Red, Basic Black and Old Olive Markers.  For a little bling I then stamped the snow in Versamark, covered with Iridescent Ice embossing powered and heat set.  I WANTED to use Dazzling Diamonds - that would have involved the following steps:  stamp the snow with Versamark, cover with Heat and Stick powder, heat set (i. melt), cover with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, heat set (i.e. melt) again.  It's one extra step.  If the image I was embossing were larger I would have used the Dazzling Diamonds but found with such a small image my customers would have a tough time seeing if the heat and stick powder was indeed set and envisioned a hot mess in my husband's Man Cave so I opted for the iridescent ice route.  Still gives some glimmer without the extra mess and/or hassle.

I finished it off with a rhinestone on the base.

I love this set.  Hope you do too!

That's it for today - I'm off to set up for tomorrow's Christmas Stamp-a-Stack.  Have yourself a stampy Saturday!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment