Friday, November 27, 2015

Winter Wishes Treats

Happy Friday!

Black Friday!  Yup, I've already spent a little while shopping around on-line checking out the deals.  Lucky for my credit card balance so far I haven't found anything I "have" to have!  Then again, the day is young!  I find I now have a "home" day.  I hadn't planned on it but my wee one started feeling poorly yesterday afternoon (right in the middle of my very first Kids Stamp Class!!!) and is still snoozing away.  I'm keeping her home hoping she will feel better with some rest.  That meant cancelling the gym, a few deliveries and a few Black Friday shopping stops.

Oh well - truth be told I love taking care of my babies when they are sick.  That's my #1 job, right??  Right!  (and very much looking forward to cleaning, laundry, paperwork and a nutritious, thought-of-ahead-of-time meal!).

So … as my beauty sleeps I filly get a few minutes to post a project I made Tuesday.  Freaking LOVE it!  Check it out …
 LOVE LOVE LOVE!  I made 30 of these little packages of hot chocolate as gifts for my stampers, my mail lady, teachers, neighbours …. anyone who I'd like to give a "smile" to.  Who doesn't love a little something "just because"??  Aside from beautiful these are economical to give!  I purchase the packs of hot chocolate at Costco (where else???).  You get 36 packs for $9.99 …. naturally I bought them on sale for $7.99.  Can't beat that deal with a stick! (as Dad would say!)

I actually CASEd the bag from this great project I stumbled across on Pinterest … made by fellow demonstrator Robin Feicht over at www.stampingcountry.typepad.com
Such a SWEET little gift to give!  I just adored her tag and duplicated it fairly completely.

For my original package I used some cello bags that were from Sale-a-brations a few years back - I think they were called Twisty Treats - naturally I squirrelled a few away for just such an occasion …

I also used the Winter Wishes stamp set from the 2015 Holiday Catalogue (set to retire Jan 4th … or while supplies last!!)

I also used a plethora of embellishments and tools (ooooo - plethora …. big word for 8:19 in the morning!  Dad would be proud!)

Rich Razzleberry 1/4" ribbon, White Jute Ribbon, Snowflake Elements, Merry Moments Paper Stack, Banner Punch, Curvy Trio Punch, Mini Stapler, Bohemian Washi Tape … dimensionals, glue dots, Rich Razzleberry Marker, paper snips … my desk looked like a BOMB hit it once I was done!









OK … so now that we've seen lots of pictures let look at the project again! lol
Now.  As usually happens, I start mass producing a project and then run out of supplies.  No problem!  I have LOTS of "stuff" kicking around the Craft Cave.  I used what I had and came p with 3 different styles.

First I ran out of the clear cello bags (that made me sad).  No worries … I found 5 other kinds of bags … and these one are current - the polka dot bags in the catalogue …
I used those to make 5 of this style ...
 JUST as cute, no?  To make the bag slightly smaller I simply folder it so it was just slightly wider than the hot chocolate inside.

Next I ran out of the adorable Snowflake Elements (you get 24 in a pack but of course I was making 30 …)

Again .. no problem … I used the little clothespins in the catalogue  to make THIS version ...
Spot anything else different in the above package?  Yup - I ran out of the white Jute ribbon with 2 bags to go.  Again … no problem … I grabbed my burlap ribbon and cracked off the last two.

Here are all 3 together 
What I super DUPER love about these is (aside from using lots of my toys!!) is that once the recipient opens the bag and drinks the hot chocolate they can use the tag for a gift of their own … or even to attach to a card base and give it as a card.  Up-cycling - love it!

OK - I've rambled on enough for now.  Pop in again soon - I'll show you my new Craft Cave set up (insert squeal here!)

Have a stampy day!


Tam

PS - I forgot to mention the colours I used!  I stamped the sleigh (or sled if you're Canadian!) in Chocolate Chip.  The pine branches were stamped in Mossy Meadow (LOVE that colour!!), stamped off twice on scrap paper before stamping on the tag, the "Warm Wishes" is also inked (in Crumb Cake) and stamped off before stamping.  The Warm Wishes on the banner is Rich Razzeberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment