Monday, January 20, 2020

Lovely Lily Pad Fun Fold Card - Kylie's Maui Achievers Blog Hop



Welcome to the Maui Achievers Blog Hop for January!  I'm Tamara Bertram, coming to you from REALLY REALLY REALLY cold Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.  One great thing about having the coldest temperatures on the PLANET last week is there was PLENTY of indoor crafting time!  Perfect timing for our Blog Hop.  Top Demonstrators from around the globe are bringing you AMAZING projects this month so grab a warm drink and hop along.  Leave us comments as you go - we LOVE hearing what you think!

The cards I'm sharing this week are a Fun-Fold card, using primarily FREE products from the 2020 Sale-a-brations Brochure.  I found the layout through Pinterest and was inspired by Melissa Kerman on her blog melissascraftingtreehouse.com.  This is her card that inspired me ...
I just love it ... and I love that I have THREE packs of that paper in my stash so plan to replicate it VERY soon.  Speaking of my stash of paper, I *may* also have a *few* pack of the FREE Lily Impressions Designer Paper on hand so I wanted to try her layout with my spin on it.  This is what I came up with ...

I just LOVE how the colours on this card POP!



Do you love it?  I do!  .. and it's so easy to make!

  • Purple Posy Card Base; 4 1/4" x 9", scored at 5 1/2"
  • Highland Heather layer; 4" x 5 1/4"
  • Whisper White Insert Piece; 3 1/2" x 7", scored at 3 1/2"
  • Lily Impressions Designer Paper (larger piece); 3 1/4" x 4"
  • Lily Impressions Designer Paper (smaller, Melon Mambo piece); 3 1/4" x 3 1/4"
  • Scraps of Whisper White for the sentiments and the lily image
It come together SO quickly!  To attach the Thank You (I used our Thank You die ($24.00 CDN)) I used our white multipurpose glue.  To attache the Lily I used our fine tip glue pen.  Both glues were quick and easy and no, there wasn't a big gluey mess!  They worked REALLY well.  Of course if you have any of our retired Multipurpose Adhesive sheets on hand you can use those too but, honestly, I used both and found the glue better.  It was faster and less fiddly!

As I'm SURE you are aware, the Sale-a-brations promotion is now on and you can get SO MANY awesome products for FREE with a qualifying order.  I used THREE such free items on my card; the Lily Impressions Designer Paper (free with a $60 order), the Lily Pad stamp set (free with a $60 order) and the Lily Pad dies (free with a $120 order).  If you are in Canada and looking for a demonstrator to order through I would be honoured if you chose me.  You can click on my links over on the right hand side-bar to check out the catalogues and sale-a-brations brochure and to place your order through my store.

I hope you like my project today.  I actually had so much fun making it I decided to make some birthday cards too, using our retired Happy Birthday die ...
Now hop along and check out the other Maui Achievers' Blogs to see what THEY have designed for you this month!  Have a stampy day :)


Tam

br />












2 comments:

  1. Love the fold and the colours on both cards Tamara! Thanks for taking part in the Maui Achievers Blog Hop this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie - always fun to participate! ... and I give my self a super high-five when I get the time zone right! lol

      Delete