Thursday, January 30, 2020

Stampin' Creative Global Blog Hop - Hearts of Friendship


Happy Thursday!  Welcome to the first Stampin' Creative Global Blog Hop for 2020!

Tamara Bertram coming to you from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.  Yes, Canada ... the coldest place on the planet a few weeks ago, which gave me the PERFECT opportunity to hibernate in my Craft Cave and play!  This month my demonstrator friends from around the globe and I worked on projects with a "Hearts of Friendship" theme.  What does that mean??  Well ... I'm not sure *lol*.  The themes are kept quite general and generic so that it doesn't limit our creativity and/or imagination.  I thought and thought and thought about it and I wanted to create a card that I could send to my Girlfriends for Valentine's Day.  My girlfriends have been SUCH a huge support to me over the last 12-18 months.  I truly don't know how I would cope without them in my life.  I am SO blessed to have four Sisters-of-the-Heart living near me that I KNOW always have my back.  Now I'm not a "red heart" kinda gal ... but I CAN get down with some pretty flowers (and of course chocolate but that's a whole other post! lol)

This is the card I created for them:

 I made a few with an alternate sentiment


This is a VERY simple project to put together (well ... full disclosure ... it took me about 3 HOURS to put together but that was 2 hours and 50 minutes of playing, overthinking and using every craft supply I've ever owned before deciding on this clean, simple design!)

I actually started OFF CASEing the catalogue, and THIS project (bottom left) ...
I find it so funny how I START with a certain idea but end with something SO different!
Details:
Card Base:  Standard 5 1/2" x 4 1/2" (8 1/2" x 5 1/2" folded in half)
Layer: 5 1/4" x 4" piece of Parisian Blossom Specialty DSP
Top Whisper White Layer: 2 1/2" x 4"
Crumb Cake mat:  2 1/2" plus 2 ticks x 4" plus 2 ticks (or 2 5/8" x 4 1/8" for adults lol)
Stamp set:  Forever Blossoms (for both flower image and sentiment)
Inks:  Pool Party and Memento Black
Small pearls
Dimensionals
Wink of Stella
Linen thread: 22"
I stamped the sentiment on scrap Crumb Cake card stock then snipped apart with my paper snips and used glue to adhere

For this card I used the sentiment from the Peaceful Moments stamp set:
That's it!  My take on "Hearts of Friendship".  I pretty card I have already addressed and have ready to mail for Valentines Day ... or maybe it should be called GALentine's Day??

Of course Sale-a-brations is still in full swing and you can purchase all of the items through my online store over on the Right Hand Side.  With every $60 you spend you get a SAB item of your choice.  I'd be thrilled to be your Canadian Demonstrator, if you don't currently have one.

Right!  Now off you hop to check out what my friends have to share with you.  Have a stampy day .. and happy hopping!

Tam

13 comments:

  1. GALentine's Day - I love it! I'm sure they are going to love getting your cards - they're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed out loud when I read your comment about the time spent designing the "Quick" card! I can sure relate!! I Love the finished card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - the struggle is real! My quick and easy cards are always NOT quick and very HARD! lol

      Delete
  3. Love your clean and simple card! I got this stamp set after On Stage and haven't used it yet. You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie! "You've inspired me" is the best phrase ANY demo can read. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  4. Such a sweet card! I have not used this set yet.. you have inspired me to get it out and create!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dawn! I LOVE when I can inspire - makes my day! <3

      Delete
  5. saw your beehive corner fold card on instagram. LOVE IT. Can not find your blog post on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie! I didn't do the beehive card - that was Donna Wicks on Instagram. I had posted a live video last Tuesday where she drew the inspiration from. Mine was a corner fold card using the Free as a Bird bundle. Hope that helps!

      Delete