Sunday, February 23, 2020

Honey Bee Meets Noble Peacock

Happy Sunday!

It has been QUITE a while since I have done a non-Blog Hop Sunday post!  Being Canadian my first instinct is to apologize for that but I'm working on NOT apologizing for everything all the time.  Truth is, life has been happening over here and there simply aren't enough hours in the day to do everything I WANT to do.  If you follow me on my Facebook page you'll know that my fluffy buddy Koda was diagnosed with diabetes back in November.  Since then about two hours a day have gone towards caring for him and trying to get his sugar levels under control.  We are still a long ways away! ... and now he's starting to lose his eyesight.  Hours are eaten up with appointments, research, testing ... and stress.  I'm not complaining.  We are still VERY blessed in SO many ways.  This is just life and a small price to pay for the hours of fun, love and companionship our pet has given us over the last 8 years.  It just means there isn't time for other things, like blogging.  So bare with me - I absolutely WILL be posting when I can. 

I'm so glad you popped in today.  I created a FABULOUS card last week for my Honey Bee class that was held Friday night.  This card was loved by all so I wanted to share the details here.  Check it out!
 Look at the shine on this bad-boy!
It is such an easy card to make - the paper does 90% of the work.  The other 10% is cutting and die cutting lol.

I used the Noble Peacock Specialty Designer Paper and Noble Peacock Foils for that POW of colour and shine.  Up until this week I had OWNED both products but never USED them.  THAT ended fast lol.  The Designer Paper is $20 CDN and the foils are $13.50 CDN.  WELL worth the money!  The bee cut outs and sentiment are from the Honey Bee Bundle ($55.75 CDN), in the 2020 Mini Catalogue.  (** just a heads up, this bundle is currently on backorder and soon will be unavailable for purchase until at least mid April so if you love it, get it NOW!)



If you want to make your life a LOT easier with this card you want to pick some Adhesive Sheets to put on the back of the foils before you cut out the bees.  I have a large stash of the Sizzix Adhesive Sheets we used to sell, before they retired.  No longer available through Stampin' Up! but you can get them at other places.  I HIGHLY recommend getting some to avoid the hassle and mess of glue or tape.

How about some details?

- Whisper White - standard card base - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" folded in half
- Whisper White layer - 5 1/4" x 4", run through the die cutting machine with our "Subtles" Embossing Folder
- Noble Peacock Old Olive patterned layer - 4" x 2 3/4"
- Bermuda Bay Foil layer - 4 1/4" x 3" *** before you attach the top Whisper White layer to this one punch out two bees ... and two 1 1/8" scalloped circle pieces from the middle.  You don't want to waste any of this gorgeous foil and since 90% of the layer will be covered no one will know the middle of it has been used!  Save the second bee and the second scallop for another project ... or use them to decorate the inside of the card and/or the envelope! 
- Whisper White top layer - 4" x 2 3/4"
- Attach the Subtles layer to the card base with snail adhesive
- Attached the Old Olive Foil layer with snail adhesive
- Attach the bees to the top Whisper White layer, the white layer to the Bermuda Foil layer and then pop THAT layer up on dimensionals to the Old Olive foil Layer
- stamp the sentiment in Old Olive and punch out with your 1" circle punch
- attach sentiment to 1 1/8" scalloped circle foil piece
- attach foil + sentiment to the card with a dimensional

That's it!  Like I said, once the paper cutting and die cutting are done the card comes together VERY quickly.  SO pretty!
I encourage you to dig out those pretty foils you're hoarding and cut them!  A little goes a long way and you can make a beautiful card with very little stamping!

That's it for today.  Thank you again for popping in.  I'll post again when I can.  In the meantime, have a stampy day!


Tam




No comments:

Post a Comment