Monday, February 17, 2020

On To Adventure - Kylie's Maui Achievers Blog Hop

Happy Blog Hop Day!

Tamara Bertram from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada here :)  Thanks for popping in for Kylie's Maui Achievers Blog Hop!  Once a month a number of demonstrators who have earned the trip to Maui this summer come together to share some projects that we hope will inspire you.  The theme of the hops are always "anything current" so you never know what you're going to see!

For MY share this month I wanted to step away from the FABULOUS Mini/Occasions catalogue and Sale-a-brations brochure.  I don't know about you but after I have played with my "new toys" I miss my old ones and I turn back to the Annual Catalogue.  I had been itching to ink up the On To Adventure set that had been sitting and waiting patiently to be inked up for MONTHS.  I am thrilled with the results.  Check out these ADORABLE characters!

Aren't they just the CUTEST??  Anyone reminded of the movie "Cocoon"?  (OK - I just Googled it.  It came out in 1985 WHAAAAATTT??  That was 35 years ago!!!  NOW I feel old ... and like I could star in the remake! lol)

You'll notice that the layout for both cards is the same.  I have been doing Sketch Challenges with my team lately and got my jumping off point from this image from "Freshly Made Sketches".  I find once I have a general layout the card comes together really quickly!
For my travelling gal I used the Tropical Oasis designer papers.  The square is 3" x 3", making the most out of my 12" x 12" sheets - no waste!  The banners are both 1 wide.  The longer one started off as a 5" strip; the shorter as a 4" strip.  Our Triple Banner punch was used to flag the end.  My 2 1/4" circle punch was the perfect size for my image and the Coastal Weave Embossing folder added some texture to the 5" x 3 3/4" layer.  I stamped the sentiment on Daffodil Delight card stock several times and used my snips to trim.  I used my Blends and markers to colour her.  Light Daffodil Delight, Light Mossy Meadow; Light Crumb Cake and then my Lovely Lipstick marker for the pink accents.  Some Wink of Stella on her glasses, a pearl on her hat and some dimensionals brought it all together.
For my golfer guy the dimensions are the same, just switching out the elements.  I used the Argyle Embossing folder, Country Club paper and the blends used were Light Old Olive, Light Smoky Slate and Light Crumb Cake and I used my Garden Green and Night of Navy markers for the accents.  Soft Seafoam card stock for the sentiment and dimensionals to add some interest.

All four characters in the stamp set are ADORABLE and this is a "must have" stamp set.  Not only does it work perfectly for those retiring but also for anyone going on vacation or pair it with the "Grandma's House" for a fabulous new grandparent card.

I hope my projects inspire you!  I encourage you to grab a set that has been sitting on the shelf just waiting to see some ink and use it with the sketch above.  I'd love to see what you come up with!  Before you do that, though, hop along to the next blog and see what my friends have created.

Thanks for popping in.  Have a stampy day!

Tam


10 comments:

  1. fun cards that make me smile big! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They make me smile too, Rachel! Wondering why it took me so long to ink them up! I suppose it's a case of "so many fun sets, so little time!" lol

      Delete
  2. I just love the characters in this stamp set! Will definitely have to check out the movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! They're all just so stinkin' cute! I feel the yoga posing senior next on my list!

      Delete
  3. Love your interpretation of the sketch! Super cute cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim :) I've been doing a lot of sketches and CASEing lately. Really helps me to get started

      Delete
  4. They are the cutest Tamara! Thanks for taking part in the Maui Achievers Blog Hop this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those characters are so cute. Love your cards

    ReplyDelete