Thursday, April 30, 2020

All About the Guys - Stampin' Creative Global Blog Hop

Hello!  Happy Thursday and welcome to another awesome Stampin' Creative Global Blog Hop!

Each month demonstrators from around the globe offer you our creations around a common theme.  This month the theme is "All About the Guys"

I'm Tamara Bertram, creating up in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and I wanted to create a card that I could use for my Dad this Father's Day.  This is what I came up with:


This card TOTALLY speaks to me and I know my Dad will love it.  One of my earliest and fondest memories of spring involves Cattails.  I was FASCINATED by them - they were fuzzy!  Dad LOVED the outdoors as a young man; fishing, hunting, camping ... he spent a LOT of hours amongst the reeds and cattails.  This one is all about him!

I used my new stamp set and coordinating dies "Friends Like You".  I'm sad!   This bundle is on the "Retiring Products" list but the items ARE carrying over (just not at the 10% discounted bundle price). This one is a KEEPER I tell ya!  Just LOOK at those cattails!  This was SUCH a quick and easy card to put together!

  • I started with a standard size Crumb Cake base (5 1/2" x 4 1/4")
  • The Very Vanilla layer is 5 1/4" x 4"
  • I used my layering ovals dies to first cut the large oval in the Vanilla layer, and then a smaller oval to cut the actual Crumb Cake base.  I added a 5 1/4" x 4" Very Vanilla piece to the inside of the card and then I stamped the image in Early Espresso through the hole.
  • I cut the grass and Cattails out of Old Olive card stock and coloured the cattails with my Espresso marker.  I actually cut TWO sets.  One piece is attached to the front (with glue) and another was tucked in between the base and Vanilla layer and glued in there.
  • The top Vanilla layer is attached with dimensionals.

The dragonflies are stamped in Early Espresso and cut out with the matching dies.
I couldn't resist bringing in the leaping from cut out form the By the Dock bundle.

On the inside I added some more grass/cattails that were cut out of Very Vanilla card stock.
I love the clean, simple look of this card.  It really takes me back and I can almost smell the water and feel the breeze ... and watch the cattails sway back and forth.

I hope you like it too :)

Click on the links below to see what everyone else came up with and have a stampy day!


Tam

8 comments:

  1. Love this! So cool. What a fab card for your dad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pip! Now the trick is to put it somewhere where I'll be able to find it come Father's Day! (June over here) lol

      Delete
    2. if you use a date book, put it in there

      Delete
  2. Oh I adore this! Those Reeds over hanging the aperture make for real depth. Beautiful and wonderful memories. Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mikaela! Ya, I may have squealed a little when I tucked the second set of reeds/cattails in between the layers. Really adds delicious dimension!

      Delete
  3. Tamara, I love the oval opening of your card. Its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dawn. I'm addicted to these little peek-a-boo cards this week. Craving dimension!

      Delete
  4. What a gorgeous card, simple but yet so detailed. Just love it.

    ReplyDelete