Sunday, October 4, 2020

Light Me Home - Glycerine Sponging Technique

Happy Sunday!!!

Wow.  I can't REMEMBER the last time I blogged when it wasn't for a Blog Hop!  It has been sooooooo long!  June 27th, to be exact (I checked!).  Before that it was APRIL!  Hmmmm.  Six months.  April 2020.  Ya.  Now it makes sense.

It has been one crazy ride, hasn't it?  Our daily routines thrown out the window and everything turned on it's ear?  I'd say I THINK I am starting to settle into some new routines but I'm not 100% sure.  The ONE thing that is fairly constant is that every single week I seem to be handed a new challenge.  Maybe that's nothing new.  MAYBE I was handed new challenges before but I didn't realize it.  Maybe.  These NEW challenges, though, really seem "bigger".  They ARE more urgent, more stressful and require a LOT more of my time. THAT I know for sure.  

The good news is I'm handling it.  I'm finding a way through and I know the entire family is stronger for it and we are much closer as a result.  We've all heard how, in life, we need to put the "big rocks" (those TRULY important things like family and health) in our jar first and then the little rocks and the sand (work, volunteering, blogging ... ).  I'm still trying to find a way to fit in the "little rocks" and the "sand" in between the "big rocks" but I'm getting there.  One thing is for sure, I'm happier and more relaxed when I DO focus on those big rocks and not stress about the rest.  Life lesson for SURE!

Right!  Enough musing about heaving stuff on a Sunday morning!  I wanted to share a card with you that I made months ago!  It uses the Light Me Home stamp set and a new-to-me technique, using Glycerine!  Here's the card ....

It packs a real "WOW!" but is so easy!  I simply embossed the image in white, on Seaside Spray card stock and then I used a finger dauber to sponge a mixture of Misty Moonlight and Glycerine over top to make the background darker and the image pop!  Check out my YouTube video showing you how!  (Fast forward to about the 12 minute mark to get right to the Glycerine part)
Isn't that easy??  I honestly love it!  I don't use watercolour paper much.  I don't like the texture of it and the colour isn't true white nor true vanilla, so I find it difficult to match with those bases (yes, I'm fairly particular in that regard! lol). THIS technique lets me get a nice, even sponged image on regular card stock without the paper warping and without heavy lines.  You should give it a try!  It's really gratifying and slightly addicting! lol.  You can get Glycerine at your local pharmacy, or in the baking section of your favourite craft store.  Who knew, I found some in my cupboard last week!  I don't know WHAT I bought it for but there it was, next to my vanilla!

So that's my share for today.  Below is a product list of items used to make this card.  I hope you like it ... and that you give the technique a try!

Hoping you have a relaxing Sunday, focusing on your Big Rocks.  Have a stampy day!


Tam

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment