Thursday, August 26, 2021

Pretty Pumpkin Friendship - Stampin' Creative Blog Hop

Happy Blog Hop Day!  Tamara Bertram coming to you from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada on a GORGEOUS fall morning!  Every month the my friends from around the globe bring you projects created with current Stampin' Up! products, around a common theme.  This mont the theme is "Friendship".  I LOVE this theme!  Our catalogues have SO many stamp sets that work with that.  The one that came to mind for ME was the new "Pretty Pumpkins" Bundle, from the new Aug-Jan Mini Catalogue, using the sentiment "If friends were pumpkins I'd pick you".  Check out what I came up with ...


Fun, right???  Fall cards are my favourite ones to make.  As such, I also find them the EASIEST to make!

For this particular card I decided to go with a non-traditional fall colour palette:  Blackberry Bliss, Rich Razzleberry, Polished Pink and Bumblebee.  I took my inspiration for the colours from the DELICIOUS new Blackberry Beauty Designer Series Paper in the holiday catalogue ...
Although I LOVE colouring, I wanted to make a card that didn't NEED to be coloured (after all, we don't always have lot of time to make a great card, right?) so I decided to use the "Baby Wipe Technique" to get a pretty, colourful image without all the work.

If you aren't familiar with this technique, here's a quick run down ...

You are essentially making your own, multicoloured ink-pad using a baby-wipe (you can also use a paper towel).

Start by opening one of our DVD cases (did you know we sell 4-pack of empty ones?  True story!) and placing a folded baby wipe inside it.  You can also use a plastic or tin foil container, or a piece of tinfoil or acetate .. just something that will protect your work surface, as the ink will bleed through the baby wipe.

We will be adding drops of our reinkers onto the baby wipe.  In order to establish the approximate size my little ink pad needs to be, I take the image I plan to stamp and stamp it into the clean baby wipe ...

The photo doesn't show it very well, but there IS now a slight depression in the wipe that shows me how much of the wipe I need to ink.

Next you add drops of reinker to make your "ink pad ..."

Then you stamp, stamp, stamp!
Make sure that after you stamp your image you clean your stamp before reinking it in the baby wipe ink pad.  You don't want to "muddy" your image.  Cleaning it will ensure a pretty, colourful image every time.

You want to stamp multiples when you do this technique.  You can't just put your baby wipe ink pad on the shelf and come back to it later.  The longer you leave it, the more the inks will spread and bleed into each other and, eventually, the colours will be one big, muddy colour. You want to keep the colours distinct and "crisp" for a beautiful stamped image ...
To complete my card I used a Rich Razzleberry layer measuring 5 1/4" x 4" and a Basic White layer of 5" x 3 3/4", run through the Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder.  I punched out pumpkins in Bumblebee, Rich Razzleberry and Blackberry Bliss and a leaf in Bumblebee.  All of the pumpkins are adhered flat (with mini glue dots), except for the top Razzleberry one, which is popped up on dimensionals.  I fussy-cut around the sentiment and popped that up on dimensionals as well.  Some Artistry Blooms Adhesive Backed Sequins finish it off!
So fun! ... except for trying to photograph it! lol. Once again I have proven to myself that it is VERY hard to get a good picture of projects using the dark Berry colours!  I must have taken 20 before I got a shot that was even CLOSE to the true colour! ... and of course my little fluffy buddy adds a whole new level of frustration to the process ..
I wanted to try the same technique and layout using more traditional fall colours.  Yup, I love it just as much!


So there you have it!  My project featuring the Pretty Pumpkin Bundle, combined with the "Friendship" theme.  I hope you like it and I encourage you to try the Baby Wipe Technique on a project of your own!  I'd love to see what you come up with!

Now hop along and see what my friends have come up with for you ... and have a stampy day!


Tam

*** The list of products used are at the end of this post.  I added the items used for the less traditional (purples) card first, followed by those used for the more traditional colour card.
Product List

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful colours and I love the Baby Wipe technique. Works so well on this card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! I think I prefer the purple combo better! This technique is so good for fall! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie :). I'm torn - I can't decide which I like better!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous project and I love that technique. It's great to revisit past favourites because it will always be new to someone! Or give a reminder to others! Love them and your furry friend. Why shouldn't he get in your ohotos!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pip! Agreed! We always seem to get caught up in the "latest and greatest" products and techniques but these are the ones I fell in love with way back when!

      Delete
  4. Bloggen wurde drastisch abgewertet. Hut ab vor dir, mein Freund – dafür, dass du die Kultur am Leben erhältst. Die Grammatik ist offensichtlich von sehr mächtigen Denkfähigkeiten. Wir bieten Ihren Lesern Informationen zu unserem Weed Online Kaufen , damit sie diese überlegenen Denkfähigkeiten ebenfalls erwerben können. Ich werde diese Seite auf jeden Fall mit einem Lesezeichen versehen, um auf weitere aufschlussreiche Inhalte zurückzukommen. @ YUNGREDDGOTIT auf WICKR// . Prost

    ReplyDelete