Thursday, February 24, 2022

Home Sweet Home - Stampin' Creative Global Blog Hop

 

Happy Blog Hop Day!  Every month my friends from around the world and I bring you projects made with current (at the time of posting) Stampin' Up! products surrounding a common theme.  THIS month the theme is "Home Sweet Home".  To be honest, I found this challenge really tough!  I kept trying to conjure up image of Home Sweet Home but I just couldn't find anything that fit with my current products.  SO much of what "came up" were feelings, rather than images (other than a white house with a picket fence around it!).   Home Sweet Home had me thinking of that feeling when you walk in the door after a vacation ... or the feeling on a rainy Sunday afternoon ... or an afternoon nap.  Feelings of peace, security and quiet.  I was talking to my friend, Tracey, and asked what images came to mine for HER when I said Home Sweet Home.  She immediately said "the image from In the Moment with the lady reading under the covers with the dog" ... and that's how I ended up here.  Yes!  PERFECT!  That image IS Home Sweet Home ... and here is my SUPER quick, easy, no-stress card ...
SUCH a quick, easy, clean card ... and one that gives you the feeling of calm and relaxation.

I used several different stamp sets and products to make it ...
The Designer Paper is the Good Fortune paper, found in the Jan-June 2022 mini catalogue
The window and window frame/sill is from the Welcoming Window dies, called Window Flower Box dies
The main image of the woman and dog are from In the Moment
The birds and sentiment are from On the Horizon

The base is our standard 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" Basic White
The Evening Evergreen layer is 3 5/8" x 4 7/8"
The Basic White top layer is 3 1/2" x 4 3/4"
The Symbols of Fortune piece is 2 1/4" x 3"

I simply cut the window out of the top layer, taped taped the designer paper behind it (AFTER stamping the birds on it) and then glued the window frame on top of the designer paper.  I stamped the sentiment in Evening Evergreen, taped it to the Evening Evergreen layer and popped the whole thing up on the card base, using dimensionals.

I stamped our relaxed reader and her dog in Memento Black ink and coloured them with my light and dark Soft Succulent Blends.  I added a touch of Wink of Stella to her book and coffee cup , a rhinestone to her hair band and a string of rhinestones under the sentiment.  I fussy cut the image out and popped it up on dimensionals.  BAM!  Done!  

A relaxed image that really screams "Home Sweet Home".  Thank you, Tracey, for the inspiration.  I love this card!

If you are in Canada, you can order any of the products I used from my online store,  Just click on any of the image below.  Sale-a-brations is only on for another week so order THIS month so you can scoop free stuff with your minimum $60 CDN order!

Now hop along and see what my friends made for you.  We hope our projects inspire you.  We LOVE reading comments so let us know how you like them!  Thanks for popping in and have a stampy day!

Tam

Product List

6 comments:

  1. This is perfect and I LOVE how you did th window with the birds outside. So fun! And now I want that die set! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie! I had tried putting mountains in the window, to represent "The Three Sisters", which are a famous grouping in our Rocky Mountains ... but it didn't quite work. The birds were JUST the right size. Now I want to run away to the mountains to read a book! lol

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness - that's genius - I love that! Also love the monochrome feel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pip! Exactly what Canadians do on a snowy or rainy Sunday. Duvet day!

      Delete
  3. Yup! Simply perfect Tam... love it...

    ReplyDelete