Monday, April 18, 2022

Alcohol Roses - Kylies Trip Achievers Blog Hop

 


Happy Blog Hop Day!

Each month my Stampin' Up! Demonstrator friends and I bring you project made with current product to delight and inspire you.  We hope you love what we have created!

This month I wanted to play with a new technique I've seen on social media - you make roses using our Blends Markers and Isopropyl Alcohol.  If you know me you know "fussy" and "organic" are NOT my cup of tea.  I like to be able to control the final look of my project! ... but THIS technique is so fun I have been playing with it all week!  Check out the look of my roses ...


SO FUN!!  

This technique is CRAZY easy - you just need a few supplies - Vellum Paper, our alcohol (Blends) Markers and 99% Isopropyl Alcohol.  The alcohol has to be 91% or higher.  I made a video that I'll link at the end of this post.  I challenge you to try it - it' QUITE addicting!  I used:

Basic White card base - 8 1/2" x 5 1.2"
Old Olive card stock layer - 5 1/4" x 4"
Basic White card stock layer - 5" x 3 3/4"
Vellum layer - 4 3/4" x 3 1/2"

  • In a nutshell, you scribble your blends in a big circle on your vellum.  You then take your alcohol and drip a little onto your scribble.  Using the lowest setting on your heat tool you move the ink/alcohol mixture around until it dries.  As it dries, the colour will pool and create a "vein".  You repeat the process over and over, making smaller and smaller circles in your scribbles and using smaller and smaller drops of alcohol.  Each vein ends up looking like petals of a rose.  I did a similar technique for the leaves, using my dark Old Olive Blend.  I just colour some vellum and, once dried, punched it with my Bough punch.  (In the video you'll see my hot Old Olive mess ... that's what I used to make the leaves)
  • The sentiment is from Flowering Rain Boots, stamped in Old Olive on a 2" x 1 1/4" strip of Old Olive card stock and is popped up on dimensionals.
  • I attached the vellum to the white card base using our Stampin' Seal (I was thrilled to discover you can't see the adhesive through the vellum!) and then popped both the white layer AND the Old Olive layers up on dimensionals. 
  • I finished it off with 5 of our (retiring) Genial Gems.

I LOVE this card!  Yellow Roses signify "Friendship" in the world of flowers.  What a lovely card to mail to a friend.

Give it a go! ... but not before you hop along to see what my friends have created for you.  Enjoy the hop and have a stampy day!


Tamara



Product List

8 comments:

  1. Wow I love this technique and I LOVE this card. Thanks Tamara for taking part in the Trip Achievers Blog Hop this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO pretty!! Such a fun technique. I'm going to have to give it a try. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Diane. You should try it on your Technique Tuesday!

      Delete
  4. Love this Tamara. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Diane! Try it out - your people will love it!

      Delete