Thursday, April 28, 2022

Masculine Makes - Stampin' Creative Global Blog Hop

Happy Blog Hop Day!  Every month my friends from around the globe bring your projects centred around a common theme to delight and inspire!  This month the theme is "Masculine Makes".  PERFECT timing, as Craig's birthday is next week and I had nothing made ... although as I type this I realize I didn't actually use a birthday sentiment lol!  Oh well.  Good excuse to do more crafting!!  Here is what I came up with ...



I wish I could tell you the name of the "fold" ... alas, I can't find one! ... so I shall call it the "Box Card".  Creative, eh?  lol.  Friends have told me it is a "Cube Card",  a "Decorative Corner Card", other shave said it's a "Pillar Box Fold" ... so who knows!  I call it pretty! hee hee

I've seen these "cards" before but never made one.  Not sure why!  I stumbled across a VERY old swap in my stash and thought it would be perfect for our Masculine Makes.  Quick and easy yet not to "floofy" for a guy!  I used NEW products from the 2022 - 2023 Annual catalogue (it goes live in less than a week - May 3rd!!!). The products are part of the "He's The Man" suite.  It has AWESOME Designer Paper (complete with TWO sheets of pre-printed die cuts), a stamp set and matching dies (He's All That Bundle) and Rustic Metallic Adhesive Backed Dots ... all for just $94 CDN! (plus tax and shipping).  It is a MUST HAVE Suite of products for ALL your "Masculine Makes"!

This "fold" is SO quick and easy!

You start with your standard half sheet of card stock (Sahara Sand) at 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".
On the 8 1/2" side you score it every 2 1/8" ... so 2 1/8", 4 1/4 and 6 3/8".
You also need a strip of Sahara Sand measuring 1" x 5 1/2", scored along the 1" side at 1/2".
Fold and burnish on all score lines.
Using liquid glue, glue the 1" strip inside the box, forming your sealed cube ...

Then you just decorate!
I used Early Espresso mats measuring 2" x 5 3/8" (you need 4 of them)
I used the He's the Man DSP and cut 3 pieces measuring 1 7/8" x 5 1/4" ... and one Very Vanilla with the same measurements.  
I adhered all layers using Stampin' Seal.
I added some "photo corners" from the new "Fabulous Frames" dies (available May 3rd)
The decorations are made from one of the dies in the "He's All That" Bundle.  The two circles were cut using the FABULOUS new "Stylish Shapes" dies.  
The sentiment is stamped in Early Espresso and comes from the He's All That stamp set.



To attach the circular sentiment piece to the card base you need to punch/die cut two 1" circles (or larger .. whatever you have that is smaller than your sentiment piece.
You fold the circles in half and glue one half of each circle to the sides of your box ... here is one side.  The other side is the same - just make sure you glue your half circle piece on either side of the fold.  I hope that makes sense.


Hopefully it makes sense.  You want the sentiment to be secured to the box but to protrude when the box is open.  So in the picture below, one of the 1" circles is glued to the left side of the centre fold and the second 1" circle is glued to the right hand side of the centre fold.  


The back of the card is where you will write your sentiment.


... and that's it!  REALLY very easy and quick to pull together.  I love this!  Clean, simple and ready to give to your favourite fella!

I normally post links for the products at the end of the post but since 90% of the products aren't available until May 3rd, I can't.  The system I use doesn't have the items populated yet.  If I get a chance I'll come back and update this post in May (after I'm back from vacation!) to make shopping easier for you.  If you are in Canada, don't have a regular Demonstrator that you work with and need one of the new catalogues drop me a line and I'll get one out to you!  You can subscribe to my newsletter over on the left hand side and message me via MailChimp.

So there is my offering for "Masculine Makes".  I hope you like it ... and give it a try!  I'm a little obsessed with it!

Thank you for popping in ... no hop along and see what my friends have to share ... and have a stampy day!


Tamara

10 comments:

  1. Have never tried this style of card yet - another one for the 'must-make' list. Love this suite of products, they make masculine cards so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this pop up card! Thanks for sharing tips! I will have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So so easy!! Great for a WOW for a beginner class!

      Delete
  3. Great minds think a like. I love this suite and your fun fold. So much fun. Greetings from the Netherlands, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just cased this awesome card for my team swap!, Thanks so much, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! These are the BEST comments!! Thanks for popping in!

      Delete