Monday, June 20, 2022

This Birthday Piggy - Kylie's Trip Achievers Blog Hop

 


Welcome to the Trip Achievers Blog Hop!  Each month Stampin' Up! Demonstrators from around the globe bring you projects made with Stampin' Up! products.  We hope to excite and inspire you!

This month I am sharing a project I made with the "This Birthday Piggy" stamp set.  I just LOVE this little fella/lady!  Do you recognize him/her?  He/she was featured in a now retired set "This Little Piggy".  If you still HAVE that retired set you can mix and match imaged and sentiments for twice the fun.  Love it!

Here is my little speedster, zooming to the birthday party ....


*snort.  Kinda love him!  I LOVE colouring so this image was right up my alley.  I like it so much this will be one of the cards we'll be making in my July 7th virtual class :)

I used a Pool Party card base; 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" folder and scored at 4 1/4"

Blackberry Bliss layer; 4 3/4" x 2 1/2"

Designer paper is the Host Designer Paper at the back of the catalogue "Design a Daydream" at 4 1/2" x 2 1/4"

I cut out a stitched circle from the Stylish Shapes dies and my Stamp-a-ratus to stamp the image several times in Memento Black ink, for a deep black image.

The sentiment is stamped in Pool party on a 1/2" x 2 1/4" strip, flagged with our Pick a Banner punch.

To make the flag, I used my black Stampin' Write marker to ink up just the out line of the flag and I stamped it on Blackberry Bliss card stock.  I used my paper snips to cut it out and my liquid glue to attach it.  I found I liked how the solid flag pulled the Blackberry layer colour to be more prominent on the card.

The rhinestones I used are soon-to-be-retired .. the Genial Gems.  Get 'em while you can!  They retire in a week!

Now for the colouring.  I used:

Blend Markers: Light Petal Pink, Dark Blackberry Bliss, Dark Pool Party, Dark and Light Smoky Slate

Stampin' Write Markers:  Petal Pink, Daffodil Delight, Pool Party and Blackberry Bliss

The colouring takes a little more time than you may like but if you like to colour it's great!

So that's it!  I hope you liked my project.  Now hop along and check out what all my friends have lined up for you ... and have a stampy day!



Tamara


Product List

1 comment: