Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Floating Elements / Floating Frame Cards

 Happy Wednesday!

We interrupt our regularly scheduled program to bring you a random blog post lol.  Yes, there are 47 things on me "yay-list" that I really should be working on, but I['m just so stinkin' excited about these cards I HAD to do a quick post to share them with you!

Last night, on my CIOT (Check It Out Tuesday) Facebook Live, I decided to try making my very first "Floating Elements" card.  What is a Floating Element card?  It's a card whereby the focal point is a shape (element) that appears to be floating.  You attach 1/4" strips of paper to a piece of acetate/window sheet and then cut a shape out of it.  You pop the shape up on dimensionals and embellish for a quick "WOW!" card.  Check these out!




LOVE LOVE LOVE!

For the first card, I used the Boughs of Holly Designer Paper and matching Beautiful Boughs dies.  For the second, the Sweetest Christmas and Sweet Candy Canes Bundle.  The sentiment is from Brightest Glow.

*Tamara's Tips:  You can use our Window Sheets to tape your strips onto ... OR you can use the acetate sheets that our Photopolymer Stamps come on!  Waste not, want not!

You can bet your bottom dollar I will be making for of THESE cards!  Here is my YouTube replay from my CIOT Live. 


If you're interested in catching me LIVE, every Tuesday night at 7:00 pm MT, you can find me on my Facebook Page "Tamara's Paper Trail" - click here to head there!

I hope you give this technique a try!  REALLY fun (and easy!).  Thanks for popping in.  Have a stampy day!


Tamara

Need the products I used to make your own?  Click the items you need to go to my online store :)

Product List

1 comment: