Thursday, July 28, 2022

Summer Sunshine - Pretty Pop Ups Meets Best Butterflies - Stampin' Creative Global Blog Hop

 


Happy Blog Hop Day!
Each month my friends from around the globe and I bring you projects made around a common theme.  This month the theme is "Summer Sunshine".  We hope what me made for you inspires you to try a new technique, grab a new stamp set or try a new colour combination.  Let us know what you think by commenting as you hop along.

When I scanned my sets for my card my eyes immediately fell on the fun "Best Butterflies" bundle.  I played and played and played.  I grabbed different colours, different stamp sets, different dies ... and this is what I ended up with:

Does it scream "SUMMER!" to you?  It does to me!  The Parakeet Party Green, mixed with the Mango Melody Orange is an! instant pick-me-up.

The main focal point was made using the Pretty Pop Up dies.  You can get a LOT of depth by bending the cut areas upwards ...


I used my Parakeet Dark Blend and my Mango Melody Stampin' Write Marker to colour the leaves and flowers.  
I used the Build a Butterfly Dies to make the smallest butterfly in that set (out of Parakeet Party) and popped it up on dimensionals.  I added the metallic ribbon bow for an accent.  I added our Glossy Assorted Dots and Basic Rhinestones amongst the flowers and butterflies, and added Wink of Stella to the butterflies and dragonfly.  Finally, I stamped the sentiment from Best Butterflies in Parakeet Party, taped the white layer to a Mango Melody layer and popped the whole thing up on dimensionals.  

A VERY simple card that just took minutes to colour and pull together.  These Pretty Pop Up dies are fun to play with. Give them a try!

Thanks for popping in.  Hop along to see what my friends made for you .. and have a stampy day!


Tamara

Product List

4 comments:

  1. Oh these colours do scream summer! Such a fabulous card too, Tamara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours you chose, the Wink of Stella is the perfect addition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours - beautiful card

    ReplyDelete