Use a Card Sketch for Quick & Easy cards. MCM Layout Sept 22, 2026
Happy Tuesday! I'm excited to share my post with you today - I REALLY enjoyed my MCM Facebook Live last night! I surprised myself in how using a very basic card sketch REALLY helped me come up with a pretty card in VERY little time! I think I had about 8 minutes left in my show when I decided to make a pet sympathy card. It took less than 15 minutes to pull together and I love the result. Here are the three cards I showed ....
They are all so different, yet come from the exact same starting point - this simple card sketch ...
Ridiculously basic, right? ... but that's all I needed to get the creative juices flowing! As I try to teach you, "start basic, then add layers, texture and/or embellishments/die cuts" to step it up. Let's take a closer look ...
I took the pieces in the photo/sketch above and added some die cuts from the Winter Adventures Bundle. I used Pecan Pie card stock for the snowshoes, with an outline of Basic White. The cirecle is the largest, 3 1/4" circle from Spotlight on Nature. Don't have a Cut & Emboss Machine? No worries! Use punched images or grab your scissors and cut images from your patterned paper (or gift wrap!) ... or use pieces from your Ephemera Packs! For the circle you can use a punch, or trace around a glass or coffee mug and cut it with scissors. You don't have to have all the fancy tools!
The sentiment is stamped in Secret Sea and I added a White Baker's Twine bow. Simple, but lovely. You could absolutely mail this card to a friend!
Ready for "a but more"? Add an embossed layer for interest and texture. I used the new Softly Woven 3D Embossing Folder.
Add more interest by adding a layer. I used a Pecan Pie layer ...
Last step, ANOTHER layer - this time Designer Paper. Winter Dreams coordinates with the Alpine Winter Suite Collection. It's a beautifully embossed paper in White and Secret Sea. I also added some Adhesive Backed Snowflakes to finish it off.
It really is that easy! Here are a few more finished cards made using the same sketch ...
This uses Cajun Craze, Golden Glow, Early Espresso and Mossy Meadow along with Sunflower Fields Designer Paper and Radiant Sunflowers bundle. I used linen twin for the bow and a wee 2026-2028 In Color Butterfly to finish it off.
I challenged myself to make a pet sympathy card with pieces I had die cut earlier. It uses a retired bundle, Pet Love, Pretty Peacock paper and ink, Lost Lagoon, Basic White and Basic Beige card stock. A few Basic Rhinestone Jewels finish it off.
I really really really like this layout. VERY versatile! Want to make one? Here is the "recipe" for the pieces; this first one is for the VERY basic layout ...
... and this one has the additional layers if you want a "fancier" one ...
Here is the MCM Live replay showing you how to put it all together. Give a watch! ... and subscribe to my YouTube Channel while you're there. That way you'll be notified of an new videos I make.
If you make a card using this layout I'd love for you to share it on my business Facebook Page here.
That's it for now. If you would like to join me LIVE for my MCM (Mystery Card Monday) sessions, you can catch me on my FaceBook Pagehere at 7:00 pm Mountain Time every Monday ... or on my YouTube Channelhere at the same time (I stream live to both). Like and Follow my FB Page and/or Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I'd love to have you - the live community is AMAZING and so much fun!
If you live in Canada and would like to purchase any of the items I used for my cards, just click any of the pictures below and you will be taken to my Stampin' Up! online store. (I apologize that not all products are shown! When I do a blog post before the product is available for sale I can't add it to the list shown below.) Thank you! I appreciate your support!
No comments:
Post a Comment