Saturday, August 31, 2013

Hand Sanitizer Treats

Happy Saturday, again ...

As you can see my "enjoy the weather" mission didn't last long.  I asked the girls if they wanted to go for a bike ride with me ... they didn't.  :(  Humph.  OK ... so I made a Halloween costume in about 45 minutes (one of those no-sew skirts ... I may or may not show that project one day ... it certainly doesn't do my HIPS any favours having 6 meters of tulle added to them *lol*)

I had an e-mail from my friend Tina asking for details on how to make these cute little treats:
Yay!  A project!  She was looking for dimensions and punch sizes.  Just so-happened that I had a baggie of yet-to-be-completed projects in my "to-do-one-day" bin ... so I thought I'd throw up another quick post to share with everyone!

If you are any sort of self-respecting crafter you will have a stash of themed hand sanitizers that you bought on sale after-the-season *lol*  Go get them.  Then you need to use your Two-Tags Die (sorry, it's retired so hopefully you have one already!!).  Punch out a tag from a 2" strip of card stock
 Score it from the flat end at 1 3/4" and again at 2 1/2" plus 2 ticks :)
 Now take your 1/2" circle punch and punch it in the centre ... well, I tried but it didn't quite make it to the centre ... so punch it once from each side, as far in as your punch will go:
 Now unscrew the lid for your sanitizer and slide the tag on top:
 ... then screw the lid back on.  This will keep the tag in place even when you pick it up by the ribbon.
 Then you just decorate as desired!
For mine I used my white gel pen to hi-light the scallops.  I used the 1 3/8" and the 1 1/4" circle punches for the green layer and pumpkin image (that set is retired but there are TONS of images that are current that will work!)

There you have it!  Make these for Halloween or for Christmas for the teachers and your friends.  Quick and oh so cute!

OK  ... dinner ... gotta fly!  Have a stampy night!


Tam

1 comment: