Sunday, August 25, 2013

Thankful for ...

Happy Sunday!

What a great day I'm having so far.  As you all know I LOOOOVE Sundays ... especially in the fall.  I know, I know ... I shouldn't be mentioning the "f" word but the air definately has that fall to it these days!  I had no real plans for the day and I just went with the flow.  That resulted in me spending all morning baking!  Yes, I CAN bake ... I just generally choose NOT to ... I only end up eating it *lol*  Be that as it may I decided today I was going to bake some muffins for my neighbours.  They have been in Poland for the last month and we have been checking on their house and looking after their yard.  The bonus of THAT has been that they said we could help ourselves to anything in their garden.  I took full advantage of that and have been thuroughly enjoying the home grown cucumbers, tomatoes and raspberries.  So I baked some blueberry muffins.  They were AMAZING!!!  TOO amazing, apparently because Craig said I wasn't allowed to give them away!  If THAT doesn't say "keeper recipe" I don't know what does!  So I had move on to plan B ... which was Pumpkin Spice Loaf!  I bought a mix at Costco last week (hey ... no shame in mixes!  I have my baking limits, after all!)  I made a large loaf for our neighbours and some mini loafs for lunches.  After baking of course I needed a card to go along WITH the loaf ... to say thank you for letting us raise the garden ... so that's what my project is for today.  First up, a picture of the loaf and card (Craig thought I was NUTS decorative wrapping a loaf!  He says now we're going to have to watch their house all the time *lol*)
Ta da!  Once the loaf was cooled I wrapped it in some wax paper.  I then used half a sheet of the DSP from Sweater Weather.  I added some of the yummy 1 1/4" burlap ribbon to coordinate with the card and I was done!

Sweater Weather DSP - page 18 of the holiday mini - item # - 132184 - $13.50
1 1/4" Burlap Ribbon - page 18 of the holiday mini - item # - 132140 - $9.95

(I honestly wasn't sure what I was going to DO with an entire roll of the burlap ribbon but after making 10 of my toilet paper treats and this loaf I now have to buy a second roll!  It always seems the things I don't think I'll use I DO and the things I think I'll use lots I DON'T!!)

So now here is the card on it's own:
Love it!  Although my design card took about an hour to come together the second card (the one I actually gave to my neighbours) only took about 5 minutes.  I love all the texture to it ... along with the simplicity.  It looks great in person! After cutting out the leaves with my Autumn Accents Die I ran them all through the Woodgrain Embossing Folder for extra texture.

Here are all the products I used:

Very Vanilla Card Stock - item # 101650 - $9.25
Baked Brown Sugar Card Stock - item # 131296 - $8.50
Always Artichoke Card Stock - item # 105119 - $8.50
Crushed Curry Card Stock (there's that color again!!)
Cajun Craze Card Stock - item # 119684 - $8.50
Cajun Craze Ink  - item # 126965 - $7.25
1 1/4" Burlap Ribbon - item # 132140 - $9.95
Naturals Designer Buttons - item # 127554 - $6.95
Mini Glue Dots - item # 103683 - $5.95 (I used snail to attach the burlap but glue dots for all the embellishments)
Thankful wood stamp - item # 133313 - $9.95
Woodgrain Embossing Folder - item # 127821 - $9.95
Autumn Accents Bigz Die - item # 127812 - $26.95

Click here to place an on-line order and have your items shipped directly to your door!

I know I said I'd share Alicia's birthday invitations ... but I haven't finished them yet ... so you have to wait :)  I DO, however, have a Christmas card to share so pop back tomorrow to check that out.  Until then, have a stampy Sunday!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment