Monday, August 26, 2013

Numbers Birthday

Happy Monday ... again!

So, I was merrily drinking my coffee this morning and surfing through blogs ... as I do EVERY morning with a cup of coffee ... and I headed over to Pink Paper Bakery.  Ever popped in there?  If not check it out - they have some great cards there!  www.pinkpaperbakery.com ANYway ... I popped in and was scrolling through the posts when WHAM!  This card jumped out at me that I absolutely fell in love with.  Now this is not an unusal occurence for me ... every morning I find dozens of great cards and I Pin them, convinced I will one day case them.  Of course there simply isn't enough time in the WORLD to do that ... but this one was fresh in my mind when I hit the craft room today so this one made it through!  The original card came from Pamela at http://fishydesign.wordpress.com/2012/05/19/cfc-53-24th-birthday/ .  I love it:
Isn;t it fabulous??!!  I really couldn't tell from the picture if the numbers were punched OUT of the top layer or if they had been punched out seperately and glued ON to the top layer.  It really didn't matter though because I only have the ability to do the latter!  Before I go into detail about what I did I suppose I should show you MY version, yes?  OK - here it is:
Love it!  As you know, Alicia's birthday is in about 6 weeks - I figured I'd make her brithday card using this layout (for the record I have NEVER made either child their birthday card this far in advance!!  I'm usually making it the day before, at BEST!)  It was easy to decide on a color scheme - Bermuda Bay is her new favorite color ... followed by neon green ... and black!  I originally tried this layout using black layers, as Pamela did ... but it just didn't work ... so Bermuda Bay, Whisper White and Basic Black it was!  I used the Typeset Alphabet Bigz die to punch out the numbers.  I used my Memorable Moments stamp set for the "Happy" and "TH".  As always seems to happen I dropped the "TH" stamp just and globbed ink all over the almost finished card.  Grrrr - HATE when then happens!  ... so I had to do it again on scrap, punch it out and cover it up.  I popped the 8 up on cut pieces of dimensional and added a few rhinestones ... after all, a girl's gotta have some bling, right??  I like this card ... a LOT!  It works for all ages and both genders.  Perfect!

Here are the products I used for this card:

Bermuda Bay card stock - item #  131197 - $8.50
Whisper White card stock - item # 100730 - $9.25
Basic Black card stock - item # 121045 - $8.50
Typeset Alphabet Bigs Die - item # 127553 - $110.95
Memorable Moments stamp set - item # 126682 - $26.95 clear; item # 132039 - $36.95 wood
Dimensionals - item # 104430 - $5.50
Basic Rhinestones - item # 119246 - $6.50
2-way glue pen - item # 100425 - $5.95
Black Staz-on ink - item # 101406 - $10.50

Click here to place an online order and have it delivered straight to your door!

I suppose I should go finish those invitations ... I HAVE promised them to you twice now and not delivered.  Sorry.  I hang my head in shame.  They are HALF finished ... so soon!  Very soon!  Until next time ... have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment